iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM 1998 Setworks

Started by Magicman, May 08, 2017, 01:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Quote from: Magicman on May 19, 2017, 10:19:32 PM
I'm sure that it is there Lee.   :)

It showed up yesterday afternoon but I didn't have any chance to install it. It will wait 'til I get home. The old one still works somewhat but has some moisture trapped in it and is all but impossible to read when the sun is shining on it. If the humidity is right and the sun isn't bright you would not know there was anything wrong with it. I may try to see if I can fix the old one and have the new as a backup.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

It sounds to me like there is dust and moisture between the display and the faceplate.  You may only need to remove the display and use some Windex and paper towel.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Had moisture in my Accuset display many times and finally last March took it out and put it on the mantle over the weekend,  which cleared it up.  We had the wood stove going so it was a very dry place.  The moisture in the display problem hasn't come back yet.

I also have times when the display is barely visible in direct sunlight.  When this happens I by wipe the display with a drop of ATF.   Originally once I had skin so soft on my hands (I was sawing with skeeters and use this as repellent) and was wiping the display in frustration and this made it much more visible.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

The Setworks display and the actual faceplate are about 1/8" apart so there is almost 20 years of accumulation between the two.  It would sorta be like the film that forms on the inside of your windshield plus the powdered sawdust.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on May 20, 2017, 02:45:07 PM
Had moisture in my Accuset display many times and finally last March took it out and put it on the mantle over the weekend,  which cleared it up.  We had the wood stove going so it was a very dry place.  The moisture in the display problem hasn't come back yet.

I also have times when the display is barely visible in direct sunlight.  When this happens I by wipe the display with a drop of ATF.   Originally once I had skin so soft on my hands (I was sawing with skeeters and use this as repellent) and was wiping the display in frustration and this made it much more visible.

I'll have to try the atf. Its got to be better than licking my finger and rubbing it on the display.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

No wonder it didn't work Dave.  You were licking the ATF off of your finger.   :o

Ga Mtn Man

I'm glad you got it going Lynn, and for not too much $ :).  If you'll send me the old display, I'll see if I can do anything with it.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Thanks Paul.  I know that I have it but shoot me your address again. 

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on May 19, 2017, 10:19:32 PMI am just hoping that the display was my problem and not something else, but at least it is now working.
I sawed two jobs this past week with no display issues, so for now the $100 decision seems to have been a good one.   :P   8)

Thank You Sponsors!