iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Miniy- yarder

Started by lumberjack48, February 11, 2012, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

beenthere

Mentions using 4-inch cable, and then later has material list using 800 ft of 14-inch cable.

If I read that right, some heavy duty stuff.  ::)
But obviously it isn't diameter they speak of....??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BaldBob

Quote from: beenthere on February 11, 2012, 04:04:25 PM
Mentions using 4-inch cable, and then later has material list using 800 ft of 14-inch cable.
Given the other parameters listed I suspect that they meant 1/4" cable.

Meadows Miller

Gday

LJ48 thanks for that Mate  ;) ;D there use to be afew making those size and slightly larger ones too Farmi was one of then they built a tidy looking  3pl double drum tower yarder that itted onto the back of a 45 to 85 hp tractor I think Massy sold them through their network too  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

dodgerd6b

I found a forest service link at one point where you could send away for a complete set of plans for this yarder. I got a detailed set 11" by 17" drawings for free
1969 TreeFarmer c6cd, Caterpillar D6B 44a, Woodmizer 40

mad murdock

Welcome aboard the Forestry Forum dodgerd6b! Those plans sound like a real neat thing to have.  There are some tow behind the pickup tower yarders here in Western Oregon.  Mini towers, they do a nice job, and very portable.  Every tool has its place, eh?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!