iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

S4S molder Thinking Woodmaster 4000

Started by jcbrotz, April 13, 2019, 02:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbrotz

I am in the market for an S4S machine currently have my eyes on a Woodmaster 4000. What are the reviews of those that have one or know of one in service? I need to do a bunch of flooring and will do the molding work with it also. Would love to know real world numbers if anybody would care to share. Not ever going to be a full production shop but want quality products. Thanks in advance 
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Southside

I own one and use it a lot.  They are really a nice machine, like any 4 sided machine material prep and consistency is critical, MC, thickness, etc to getting a quality finished product.  I make flooring, V match, ship lap, and a number of other profiles that I sell with it.

Alone I run around 18 - 20 FPM on most profiles, not because the machine can't go faster, but I can't play pitch and catch any faster than that.  It will do flooring at 52 FPM and I have tried that just to try it but you really need 3 people to keep up with that pace.  

Maintenance is easy, just have a supply of 3 in 1 oil for the brass bushings.  You do need good dust collection as it makes plenty of shavings.  I have been very happy with mine, support is excellent.  Happy to answer any questions.    
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jcbrotz

Thanks Southside, I will pm you some questions I currently have a Woodmaster 18in planer/molder and service has been great was going to get the 3hp blower but thinking the 5hp might be more correct and have plans of the dust shed. I was looking at the logisol/Woodmizer also, just thinking this one has some perks and some drawbacks also.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Southside

You need at least 5000 FPM of dust collection due to the volume of shavings these produce. I did reply to your PM.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Will_Johnson

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

In the (likely) event I can't answer them I will be happy to get you with the right person!

You can chat with the guy who builds them and I can also put you in touch with an additional owner or two if that would be helpful.

Thank You Sponsors!