iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is really big news. So pay attention!! (logrite info!)

Started by moosehunter, May 31, 2005, 09:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

First off, I am going to post a picture. I can't believe it. Thanks to Dang for making it understandable.
Make that a SPECIAL thanks to DanG. I owe you a cold one!

That is minor news.

This is the big news.

For the last two months I have been very fotunate to have been testing a new product from...........

LOGRITE!                       LOGRITE!                    LOGRITE!

I believe Kevin has dubbed it the "Moose-a-matic Maul"                                                                                                       It is GREAT 8) !
I can't say enough about the quality of Logrite's tools and this Maul is no exception. The handle is solid feeling. It seems to put the waight at the end of the tool where it belongs. Three cords of hardwood split so far without a scratch on the handle. What is that coating?? If they put that stuff on cars they would last forever!
This is a great honer. Not only do I get to test a new great tool from Logrite, but I get to tell the FF members about it. I was going to wait to show it off at the Piggy Roast, but I think Kevin will be showing off  Moose-a-matic Maul #1 at Sawlex.
I will try to post better pics soon. This was short notice.
Thanks Kevin!
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DanG

Whoa! That is a biggie!  Looks like a great tool, just like all the rest of the Logrite products.  I have a 48" cant hook and a hookeroon, and they are doing a great job.

I'm glad my little instruckshun helped you out.  You're now a O'fishul member of tha Bloomin' Idiot's Club. :) ;D ;) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

MH, that is great news.  I will want as soon as possible 5 for the Oregon folk.  Next I would like to see the item that I have been trying to get Kevin to develop.  It looks like he perfected the steel to aluminum issue, for sure.  GREAT WORK LOGRITE! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

neslrite

Mike had started a thread some time ago looking for a handle because he was tired of breaking wooden ones. I IM him and said that if he sent me his maul head I would put a LogRite handle on it and he could test it for us.

So, this is not realy a new product we just made mikes maul better ;D, I will have Tammy's maul  (prototype#1) at SAWLEX for your viewing and opinions.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

wiam

DR Buck

I can't tell from the picture.....What size engine is on that log splitter?    :D :D :D  My new one is 11 HP and I hardly work up a sweat.  ;D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Kevin, are you going to have the other prototype there?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Engineer

Hey, y'all Log Rite people, hear me out on an idea. 

I have never had a lot of success with a "normal" splitting maul.  Always seemed to get 'em stuck in a big butt log or gnarly elm.  Green wood too, or something with knots.    Always have to have wedges and a sledgehammer around to "unstuck" the maul.

Anyway, my father's had this maul-like thing for 20 or 25 years, he said they called it the "Monster Maul" when he bought it.  It's orange, the head is shaped like a slice of pie - the back is flat and about 4" square, and the cutting edge is a straight line.  I have seen similar items in catalogs and even at Home Depot, but not of the same quality or size.  Anyway, this thing has a steel pipe as a handle and heavy reinforcing for the first ten inches from the head.   Even so, he's put a nice curve in the handle from repeated "misses" and 25 years of use and abuse.  It used to be straight.  The whole thing weighs around 16 or 18 pounds, and it will split danG near anything with one thwack. 

So, if you can find a way to marry your al-yoo-minium handle to a 16 pound wedge of solid steel, and reinforce the heck out of it (maybe make the handle solid instead of a tube), you will have at least one buyer.  I've been meaning to find somebody to make one for me, but a commercial version would do fine.

moosehunter

Dr Buck,
I also just finished a new splitter, only ten horse though. One nice feature is the ten horse is out of a golf cart. I used all of the electronics from the golf cart so the splitter is electric start!
I had a problem with the supply hose colapsing, but was able to keep slitting becouse I had my new Mooseamatic Maul!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Frank_Pender

Engineer, I use an eight pound maul head and weld an axel from a 3/4 ton Ford into the opening.  I have been useing these for some 30 plus years without any breakage.  I always place larger diametered end into the maul head, with the spline at the other end for gripping, if your gloves or hads are wet.
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!