iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Having a devil of a time finding anyone to haul logs for me

Started by Brad_bb, October 23, 2017, 03:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

It will be fun to watch your build progress.  Congrats on getting the logs and the transport.
HM126

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

coxy

glad you got them home   i have never seen a tandem rear mount loader hauling a wagon  or a 4 bunk tandem log trailer all iv seen here is tri axel

mike_belben

Im guessing their bridge law wont respect the pusher or tag axle due to spread, and probably limits them to 34k on the tandem.  The jeep looks to have a 10' spread between the rear drive and the last trailer axle on the pup so id think they can put 20k on each axle as long as the whole package passes bridge calc.    I bet that rig gets hefty on the steer when loaded.
Praise The Lord

starmac

I have been pullin a similar trailer, except for it just has 2 bunks. I put 2 bunks on the truck too for hauling short 20 and 24 foot logs to a firewood guy.
I am now in the process of changing it up so I can quickly change out with the long log bunks on the truck and also load the short log trailer when I am using it, as the roads are getting too slick to pull it empty.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ed_K

No wonder you wanted to get the logs/trees home, that's some nice loads  8).
Ed K

killamplanes

Here we can go to 80 on weight. Both truck setups in picure are able to. The real problem is getting the weight on the right axles. On the grapple truck it's 20k on steers 34k on tandem. The pup trailer has atleast 9ft or 10ft minimum spread between axles which allow 20k per axle. But of course 80k total is. Allowed. I always love looking at log truck and trailers from michigan. It's a contest who can fit more axles under the bed then the neighbor.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

coxy

Quote from: killamplanes on October 29, 2017, 07:40:45 PM
I always love looking at log truck and trailers from michigan. It's a contest who can fit more axles under the bed then the neighbor.
next it will be 6 tires per axle  ;D

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!