iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wallenstein wp 830 processor what's your take on them?

Started by logman81, June 07, 2014, 11:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

I watched a few vids on them today and I'm intrigued about them. I like the concept and the compactness of it. Might be a nice inexpensive way to get into a processor and increase production a little. I already have a big fast cutting saw that I can pin on to it and a pick up and trailer. Could maybe put one of those load handlers in the trick to speed up off loading. Just a thought for right now.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Any thought? I've talked to a few people and they say they work good.

thechknhwk

I would love to try one out.  It looks like it would be a good mobile processor without the need for any additional support equipment.

logman81

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Kind of a toss up between that and the badger.

dvrwjh

Hello Everyone,
I am new here. As well as new to the firewood business.
I purchased A Wallenstein WP 860 this april. I returned it 5 days later.
The machine is designed for light use and not very often.
I was planing on doing mobile processing with the unit.
I ended up doing the 5 full cords ( my first order) faster by bucking and Using my Split-fire.
I was disappointed with the WP 860. BUT VERY impressed with Wallenstein for taking the unit back and refunding me 100% of my money.
I took that money and put a deposit on A Cord King M 2030. Cant wait for the unit to be delivered.
I will post when I get the new unit and give an update.

2014 Cord King M 2030 Wood Processor
2013 Ford F 550 Dump truck, Switch N Go System
2008 Ford F 350
2014 Kubota L45 TLB
2014 Split-Fire HT 3265 Custom Splitter
2009 6x10' 5T dump trailer
2014 20'  7T float trailer
Stihl M660
Stihl M260
Stihl  AV 032, 034.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

I'm glad I didn't buy one then, I'm buying a dyna sc 14.

glassman_48

dvrwjh,
welcome to the forum, I think wallenstein is made in china?  Logman81, if you have that many orders I dont think the badger or the wallenstein would help much.  I think those types of machines are designed for the homeowner that is trying to save their backs some stress.  I think they are great ideas and have their place.  There is a dyna sc-14 that a friend of mine has with a kubota diesel upgrade right near me for sale.  He advertises in other states on craiglist because he doesnt want anyone around here to purchase it because he doesnt want more competition in the area for mobile processing I think. 

dvrwjh

FYI.
Wallenstein Products are build in Canada. In Southern Ontario.
I am not knocking any other brands or where they are made.
I just wanted to buy local and support our economy.
Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice.

2014 Cord King M 2030 Wood Processor
2013 Ford F 550 Dump truck, Switch N Go System
2008 Ford F 350
2014 Kubota L45 TLB
2014 Split-Fire HT 3265 Custom Splitter
2009 6x10' 5T dump trailer
2014 20'  7T float trailer
Stihl M660
Stihl M260
Stihl  AV 032, 034.

glassman_48

dvrwjh,
Thats why I put the question mark after my comment, dont know much about that product.  I wasnt knocking where they are from either, just wasnt sure.  This is a good forum and a bunch of good help and info on it.  I almost purchased a fishing cabin for my family near sudbury a few years ago, it was on an island no less.  It is beautiful up there.   Welcome again,,,,,,,,,,,ed

logman81

I do have that many customers and the list is growing every week. After researching those machines further I came to the same conclusion that both wallenstein and the badger were heavy duty home owner machines. I've done a lot of research on processors and the dyna machine seemed to very well built and is very productive, even more productive then some of the competitors larger machines. I orders mine with the kubota diesel, 14' integrated conveyor, booster valve, 4.5' extended feed trough and six way wedge and a vin number so it can be plated.

drlewis

we looked at them ,but ended up getting one from turner mills, have about a thousand hrs on it no real problems its a year a half old.

Thank You Sponsors!