iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kids Insurance.

Started by Tom, November 19, 2003, 03:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

My neighbor is trying to raise his child.  His dilemmas seem so familiar even though the prices have changed.  Tonight I stopped in his front yard to chat for a few minutes on the way to the house and got the story of his boys driving efforts.

His boy took driver's education in High School and got his license.  He worked odd jobs to buy and rebuild an old ford pickup.  It's probably a 1975 vintage ford.  His daddy started calling around to find insurance for him today.  The boy is 17 and still only drives on their property.  He's wanting to go out on the town now......girls ya know. :D

Insurance with the company that the family's cars are insured under will be $1100  .......every six months. :-/gulp

Twenty-two hundred a year will take a fairly good part-time summer job.  It looks to me that insurance company's have gotten out of hand.  I know, they have to pay damages but they are mandated by the state.  It's not as if a driver has any choice but to buy insurance.  

I don't know how kids make it today.

Jeff

Its no fun trying to afford a kids driving privileges. And that what they are is a privilege, not a right.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

EZ

My son-in-law bought a good used car, making payments on it,$350. a month, insurance( $300. a month). All they wanted was a good dependable car. I really feel sorry for the kids now a days. We try and heip them as much as we can.
The state and goverment just dont know how ruff it is out here in the real world. To many greedy bas....s out their Tom.
EZ

Den Socling

"Speaking of insurance!  >:( Let's see. How would Lil' Abner put it?"

My wife has some problem called Lupus. Now, there's Lupus that can kill you and then there's Lupus that causes a rash when you are out in the sun too long. She has the rash type but, since it came out on her records, there is NO health insurance. Even when her doctor gave her a report to pass along to potential insurance companies, the answer is still no. Not even for their rediculously high premiums. How can I put this? The whole dam insurance industry and the associated health care and those dam lawyers and the liability crap - well it all sucks the #2*$%.

Don't let me forget to run spell check!

Jeff

Den, I'm sorry da yooper stuff is making light of some of da posts tonight.

Jeff

I am trying to teach my y-o-ungest some fiscal responsibility although she dont have a job. It may seem bass-ackwards but its what I am doing. She bought her own car (truck or whatever, ita a bronco)  Got a great deal at $500. They want $500 dollars to insure it. She wants to drive it but I said you gotta buy the insurance. So it sets. Meanwhile I am paying more then that extra on my insurance so she is insured to drive my vehicles.

I'm a dummy but I'm tryin.

beenthere

Den
Our prayers are with your wife and your family. Pray that the Lupus stays where it is and that a cure can be found soon.  

Have had friends with this same problem. Here is a sight, for those who want to know, that tells about Lupus.

http://www.lupus.org/index.html

Regards insurance, it seems that the State Insurance commissioners should play a more active role (pro insured) in monitoring the activities of Insurance Companies. Our State has implemented a new young drivers program that limits the driving of 16 year olds, and apparently has had some positive results on the number of accidents. Something like no more than one other non-family member in the car until one year of driving.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Den Socling

Jeff,
It's very funny.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
den

Den Socling

Beenthere,
Thank you for your concern. I appreciate it very much.

And Jeff, don't worry about making light of the subject. You are a very funny CLOWN!  ;)
Den

Gus

Den,
My mother was diagnosed with Lupus once but thank goodness it was a mistake. "Twas sumding eltse :).
Hope da wife don't have to much of a bad time dealing with it.
 As far as insurance goes. I don't twant 'ta discuss it. ;D
 I get da heavy breathing attacks >:(
 Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

breederman

I think girls are cheaper to insure our oldest cost about 700 dollars a year to add to our policy,I think. They lowered it when she left for college.Problem is now we have the twins who will be getting there licences this month.I  don't even dare to ask what that is going to cost!
Together we got this !

Thank You Sponsors!