iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Active Members in Hawaii ?

Started by DR Buck, April 06, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I just took a look at the members map and don't see any members listed in Hawaii.  I was hoping to possibly stop and see a Hawaiian saw mill operation when I go visit Oahu next week.    :(

But I'll get over it.  After all, it's Hawaii !     8) :) 8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dave Shepard

If I was in Hawaii right now, I wouldn't be too active. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Kansas

My son was coming back from guam with his air force unit when his plane broke down in hawaii. They got put up in a beachside hotel at waikiki, where a stewardess convention was being held. I told him to go look around and see if there was any good timber over there, but I dont think he ever did.

thedeeredude

Hmmmm... a source for curly koa?  We need to do some forum recruiting in Hawaii.

Dave Shepard

We already have someone importing curyly koa to the continental US, don't we? :P

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Member Steve appears to be involved in curly koa.

Dave

Haytrader

::)
I want to hear more about the convention.
;D
Haytrader

Bibbyman

Quote from: Haytrader on April 06, 2008, 11:06:57 PM
;D

Hear?  Where's the pictures!   :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DR Buck

Quote from: Haytrader on April 06, 2008, 11:06:57 PM
;D
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Who said anything about a convention?      We're taking a vacation and going to visit our son and future daughter-in-law.     He's reenlisting with the Navy and they are making a big ceremony of it and he asked us to attend.

Dave Shepard

The Stewardess convention in reply #2. ;)

Dave

Burlkraft

If somebody has ta step and move to Hawaii...well......OKAY...I'll go   :D  :D  :D

When did ya say that stewardess convention was        ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

DR Buck

I found one....I found one!     8) 8) 8)

OOPS!    Never mind,  it's just the wife and I.    ;D   

81° yesterday, and the day before, and projected again for today.    :)      The surfers were in the water outside the hotel BEFORE 6AM.   ::) 

Aloha

pigman

Looks just like Mat Dillon and Kitty from Gunsmoke. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

Don't get too close to the edge,  :D :D

DR Buck

Here's one for the Battleship fans.    USS Missouri .  a.k.a  The might Mo

A more sobering experience, but a must see.

I came out of the Arizona memorial wondering how many Americans walked away from the memorial and the historical movie they show with new or renewed bitterness towards the Japanese.     The video was quite moving.

beenthere

Quote from: DR_Buck on April 14, 2008, 04:44:38 PM
I came out of the Arizona memorial wondering how many Americans walked away from the memorial and the historical movie they show with new or renewed bitterness towards the Japanese.     The video was quite moving.

Did you??

I can't see blaming today's generation for what a different generation did. That might just be me. Hope not. We have a new set of folks in the world today that deserve our attention now, however. IMO
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

masonjar

beenthere, have you seen the movie that DR_Buck is talking about?

I will admit that I had the same thing happen when I watched the movie he is talking about.

Also, beenthere what set of folks in the world are you refering to that "deserve" our attention??? Just curious.

Thank You Sponsors!