Global COOLING is on it's way.

Just got a report that it's HAILING HEAVY in San Jose  :o :o :o :o :o
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Yes, I heard the same. This actually supports Al Gore (not that I am commenting that he is right or not) Global Warming would cause strange weather, not just warmer.

Hail comes not because it is cold, but because of updrafts.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Warbird

Yeah, humans have heated up the planet lots, see, in a really short amount of time.  And now we are almost to the point of super-cooled air descending from space at extremely rapid velocity (but without any wind at all, strangely) and freezing everything solid.  Only those folks who live in libraries and burn books will be able to survive!  Didn't you see the movie "Day After Tomorrow"??   ::)

Bibbyman

I didn't know they celebrated April Fool's Day on April 6 in Costa Rica.   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

crtreedude

We did have a tornado in the Central Valley (same place as the hail) about a year ago. Very mild, but with tin roofs, it doesn't take much.  ::)

Took a while before people here even knew what it was.

I personally think it is because El Nino / La Nina which is plenty to create weird weather.

Fla._Deadheader

MY info was a phone call, from Reina's Daughter, who was outside, ducking under cover, to save her umbrella.  ??? ??? ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

I don't know, Harold.  ...Hail, volcanoes, trees that chase you down the street when the grow......  Are you sure they really want you down there? :D :D :D :D

crtreedude

You know, I don't seem to recall having any of these problems before Harold arrived...  ::)

Carries-Mom

We had excitement here yesterday....lots of bad storms and Teri had hail up at her place two or three times...you tell me what's wrong with this picture!!!! ::)

Osric

There is a huge difference between Climate and Weather.

snowman

Still 5 feet of snow at my shack, we can usually see ground by now. I figured to be gone for the summer by now, living on the job in NE washington but it's still snowed in too.You guys will be shed of me until the snow flies next winter as soon as i can get in. Pray for some global warming and fast! :D

LeeB

WAy back when i was a young un and lived in Ecuador, I saw it hail 6" deep.  This was all before global warming was an issue.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Well I'm being invaded by robins. The snow is up to the windows and they are coming next to the house picking bugs and flies off the snow in the warm sun.  ::)

They've been around for a week now.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Modat22

weather is a heat engine. The more heat you put in it the faster it runs, its just hard to see the engine running due to the engines size which is the space between the ground and the vacuum of space around the entire planet.
remember man that thy are dust.

fuzzybear

We've had a week of +10c. The rivers are starting to open up the snow was melting fast. That all changed last night. -5c and about 3" of snow this morning.  Doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.
   I guess I'll be able to get another couple of loads out of the bush now ;D ;D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

pappy19

We are expecting 18" of new snow here in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah today and tonight. That is on top of the coldest and snowy-est winter in 30 years. Only thing saving us from floods is that it has been one of the coolest springs yet so the melt is slow.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Warbird

It had gotten into the 40's here and looked like spring had sprung.  Then over the weekend it dipped back to ~12 F, started blowing, then started snowing.  It now looks like the middle of winter out there again and looks to stay that way all week.  :(

Since Europe reportedly had a warmer than normal winter, and since we had a colder than normal winter, I think I'm going to create the next Big Scare for everyone to waste billions of dollars on.  I think it will be called "ICCC" which stands for "InterContinental Climate Change".  What do you think?  Too flashy?  ;D

SwampDonkey

I think you need to go cover back up.  ;D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

I just hope the Tennessee weather reaches Pennsylvania before we wise up and slow down this global warming thing (too much rusty iron and cool wood to move south). I want JUST A LITTLE warming.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

crtreedude

I do notice that people are really concerned about Global Warming in July / August, and start praying fervently for it around February...  :D

Woodcarver

It wasn't too many summers ago that our tomatoes wouldn't ripen and we were wishing for a little warming in the middle of the summer.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

SwampDonkey

The hottest summer I remember here was in 1987, when we had temps in the 90's for 4 weeks and no rain to speak of. I even remember a few 100's. I never seen so many thunder storms in the night and not a thimble full of water from them. Cousins where here from the west and said it was the hottest they ever seen. We kept telling them that it was not normal for here. The spring of that same year we had massive flooding that took out the river railroads and 2 railway bridges, flooded towns. The railroad was never restored. They had to bring in the US Army for help, I don't know were the Canadian Army was. Asleep I guess.

Handy Andy

Al's got a new venture going, he's selling carbon offsets.  I'd sell some too.  Anybody buying?
My name's Jim, I like wood.

easymoney

al gore is making millions off his scam about global warming. has anyone heard about his mansion in nashville tennesse and how much it takes to heat and cool it? not counting the pollution he is spewing out jet setting around the world preaching his views. i drive a yugo does that qualify me for carbon offsets? i just smile when a big suv blows around me on the highway.  my yugo is paid for and probaly burns less than 1/2 the gas that it took  for the suv to beat me to the next red light. i wonder if al would be interested in buying my carbon offsets? i have 240 air conditioning so i do not have to leave the motor running while i go in the store after a 6 pack so that means less polution there.

SwampDonkey

Peeking in windows.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!