iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Tubing install

Started by metalman1, April 02, 2019, 04:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalman1

People,

Installing new tubing in my 2150 Poulan , (still struggling to get it started after buying new carb), and found that there is only on of those heavy sintered glass weighted type "filters" in the gas tank. It is connected to the fuel line going to carb, NOT the primer bulb inlet. Should there be one of those also connected to the primer bulb fuel line?   Dont remember if the repair shop which worked on my saw many years ago might have omitted to install one onto that line. 

Thanks, people. 

sawguy21

There is only one filter. The other line is a return from the carburetor. The primer does not pump fuel into the saw, it purges air from the system and dumps it back into the tank.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

metalman1

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 02, 2019, 06:36:59 PM
There is only one filter. The other line is a return from the carburetor. The primer does not pump fuel into the saw, it purges air from the system and dumps it back into the tank.
Thanks, sawguy. So, when one primes the bulb, the fuel is introduced from the same/single fuel line? Has to be, right? I never knew!

Old Greenhorn

Sawguy got me straight on this issue just the other day. Another way to look at it is that the primer draws gas from the tank, through the carb, then through the primer bulb, then dumps it back to the tank. The primer bulb MUST be connected connected correctly, that is, it will only work in one direction, so if you have the lines backwards, it won't work as planned (neither will the saw  ;D).
Often overlooked is to make sure that the return line is connected to the tank nipple or it will dribble fuel all over. I accidentally popped mine off when working on my saw the other night, but figured it out pretty quickly. It's not always easy to get back on. Not familiar with your saw model though.
Good Luck!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!