iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 51

Started by naturaledge1, April 09, 2019, 05:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naturaledge1

I have two husky 51s that I bought used and they both eat up the pulley inside on the recoil. The dawgs don't seem to engage enough anybody else have this problem?

Old Greenhorn

Welcome to the forum! Is everything good and clean in there? if the dogs don't slide easy and there is junk in there they can't fully engage. Without more or some photos, I can't add more. Some others, I expect, will chime in here eventually with better advice.
 By the way, filling in some of your profile info will help us all know where you are, what sorts of gear you run, etc. which might get you some better help. Maybe we even have a member close to you.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

dougand3

So, you have seen the pulleys get more chewed up since you got the saws? Never seen it but what is logical....weak springs under dawgs. Springs should hold dawgs firmly on pulley until RPMs kick up. Finger pop the dawgs - do they snap back quickly and firmly? Could be springs are strong enough but the long end is on the wrong flywheel fin.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!