iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT35HYD

Started by Esaw, August 09, 2012, 09:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esaw

I am settling in on a LT35HYD and would like to hear from owners who are already sawing with one. The saw will be a toy for personal use for farm projects.
Thanks

Magicman

That looks like a lot of sawmill for the price.  What is the maximum length log that it will handle?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ohio_Bill

I'm pretty sure its on a LT40 frame .   So 21 ft  ?
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Magicman

I thought but wasn't sure and I did not find it in the specifications.  It does look good.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thechknhwk

Magicman

I finally found it.  32" diameter X 21' length. 

ruren

I have a manual version of that and have been very happy with it. It is the first mill I have ever used, so I can't offer any comparisons, but it has exceeded my expectations when I bought it. My use is similar to what you are planning on.

I had a friend bring by a couple of 28" white pine logs last week. I was wishing I had the hyrdaulic version when we had to roll those on their side.

Quote from: Esaw on August 09, 2012, 09:20:20 PM
I am settling in on a LT35HYD and would like to hear from owners who are already sawing with one. The saw will be a toy for personal use for farm projects.
Thanks
Wood-Mizer LT35

Esaw

millwright

I have had one for about a year and it has worked very well, I have had a few problems with the up down on the head and WM has been working to correct them. I found with decent logs you can cut way more than the advertised Bd ft. per hour.

Esaw

Thanks for your reply

WDH

Quote from: Esaw on August 09, 2012, 09:20:20 PM

Some of the low HP manual mills might be more like toys, but this mill is not a toy!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tyb525

What is the YD? Yanmar Diesel?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

thechknhwk

Quote from: tyb525 on August 13, 2012, 09:56:55 PM

LT35HDD17 is the Kohler diesel & LT35HDG25 is the 25hp gasser.  Anyone know if the 17hp diesel will saw better than the 25hp gas?  I am seriously considering selling my Norwood and parting out my race quad to get one, and maybe offing the motorhome as well......

ladylake

The Kohler 17hp diesel only has 31# of torque compared to 40# for the 25hp gas, I'd think the gas would cut faster in this case.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

Quote from: tyb525 on August 13, 2012, 09:56:55 PM

When I was researching the  LT35HYD, looking for the size logs that it would handle, it seemed that "HYD" was WM's abbreviation for hydraulic for the LT35 sawmill.   ???

tyb525

Strange, why would they change their naming convention for just that mill?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Magicman

Here is the page that I was looking at:  LINK

Mooney

Quote from: tyb525 on August 14, 2012, 03:53:59 PM
Strange, why would they change their naming convention for just that mill?

'Hyd' is used on the website to make it more apparent that these are 'Hydraulic' mills when we abbreviate. It's not actually part of the model number. The model numbers use the same naming convention as they have before.

thechknhwk

So Mooney, which one cuts better the diesel or the gas?

Mooney

Our salesmen usually recommend the gas option on the LT35 Hydraulic, considering the price difference, unless you're planning on running it 5-6 days a week. In that case, the longevity of the diesel engine may be worth the upgrade. Torque is higher on this gas engine, but falls off faster.

Most guys don't buy LT35s for continuous production, so the gas is usually recommended. Hope that answers your question.

thecfarm

That will get some farm projects done. How big are these projects? and how many?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Esaw

At present siding for a 40x60 barn others in the future

Thank You Sponsors!