iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something new in Firefox?

Started by DouginUtah, October 14, 2010, 03:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

I just today noticed something new in Firefox (3.6.10). When I hover over text of 14' for example, a tool tip pops up with the metric equivalent. It appears to have a magnifying glass icon with a letter A in it.

Have you seen this? Do you know where it came from? I upgraded Skype but I doubt that did it.

Oops. I think I can answer before posting this.  :D

There was an automatic update of the  Google Toolbar add-on. I'm betting that is where this came from. I don't normally shut down Firefox but today I did because of the Skype update. When I reloaded Firefox I was informed that Google had updated the toolbar.

You might want to check it out. 8)

Test: 4.2672 m long. Apparently it only converts one way.

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Jeff

It works on my computer and I don't use the google tool bar. 

It works on only the first number in your above post but not the last.

test  18'

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

It doesn't work on my Firefox.  It doesn't even remember my password for this site.  I have to log in every time I go off site. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

You got a cookie problem somewhere.

Jeff

Mine works with  1"  and 1' and 1 lb and 1 acre and 1 ounce and 1 yard 1 gallons  1 inch and so forth.  It won't work work the other way

DouginUtah

Has anyone noticed this feature prior to this week?

-Doug

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

DouginUtah

Jeff, I just disabled the Google toolbar and it stopped giving the tool tip. (Have to restart...)

Two things to check: Tools | Add-ons and View | Toolbars.
-Doug

---

Jeff

I don't have the google tool bar enabled. I dont like it. The only tool bars I enable are menu and navigation. It is in the list of things under view. I can tell you this computer has not had a browser update in many weeks. I don't allow any auto-updates.

Magicman

How do you not allow any auto-updates?  Is that something simple to do.  This thing is continually updating something several times a week.  It slows down to a crawl and McAfee, Microsoft Windows,  Java, Adobe, or something is updating and then bugging me about wanting to restart.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

You would need to check each program's configuration settings. Most will have a place to ask permission before updating.  I know windows vista and 7 both ask me before hand.

Banjo picker

I know more about Foxfire that Firefox.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on October 14, 2010, 07:47:28 PM
It won't work work the other way

That's discrimination!  I demand equality!  They must convert the other way, too!

SwampDonkey

I have not seen it here. Something must have gotten installed, like an extension. I have my doubts it's a firefox built-in feature.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

It does not work with Firefox 3.6.10 on the Mac.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!