iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Pusher

Started by grassfed, August 18, 2015, 11:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassfed

David-L asked about my Tree pusher so here it is and anybody else that has a good one should post it here.

Mike

clww

Looks both heavy-duty and very useful.  smiley_thumbsup
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

teakwood

Looks aggressive! Can you go faster around corners with this? :D
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

North River Energy

snowstorm

it looks nice. just be gentle with it. a guy that ran my skidder yrs ago mangled the arch pushing trees over. to the point it was junk had to find a good used one

OH logger

looks like it belongs on the bat mobile  ;D
john

David-L

Wow!!!  Thanks Grassfed
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

barbender

Watch out on the veneer logs ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Nemologger

Quick Robin!!! Back to the Batmobile!!!
Clean and Sober

lopet

You gonna spin a tire or brake something else before you bend that plate. smiley_thumbsup  inch and a quarter ? 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

thecfarm

Back to the Batskidder   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

grassfed

QuoteWayne Industries?
Haha subtle, it took me a minute ;D. " Quick Robin to the Batskidder" :D

I don't usually push trees over without cutting them first. Usually when I have to deal with a hard leaner I back up and put pressure on it then lock the brakes and drop the blade and get off and cut the tree. I do a plunge cut and leave small trigger wood then I get on the skidder and give it a push. It does not take much to pop the trigger wood and push the tree over. Cutting a hinge  aims the tree exactly where I want it and I don't have to deal with rootballs. The 440B only weighs about 6-7 tons so it really is not heavy enough to push anything bigger than 3 inches.

Having the pusher overhang the back end of the skidder far enough so you can fit back there with a saw is important to consider.

I do use it to push over dangerous snags/widow makers. Or at least shake loose the hanging branches and rotten tops.

It's 1 inch thick but that is more than most of the rest of the 440.
Mike

larry1

Now that's what I call well built, and a good design . So far I have only used my blade , but that's a good idea .

BargeMonkey

That is a beefy pusher, and it hangs back far enough to give you room to cut. I back down alot of wood with my 440D sometimes. I went for a good ride a few yrs ago backing a large hemlock up the hill, when she went down the butt slid under the basket just enough and up in the air I went, wasn't a good ride, mechanical lever right across the stump.  :D

lumberjack48

Nice job on that tree pusher grassfed, this is a mush have on a skidder.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Stephen Alford

Here are a couple pics of the tree pusher inspired by unhooker and motivated by offthebeatenpath.

logon

Thank You Sponsors!