iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought another sawmill today

Started by DR Buck, April 28, 2012, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I went to an auction today and came home with an Alaskan 54" mill.   ;D  It's a complete package minus the power head.  It won't see much use other than the occasional large slab or two.    It cost me $72.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WHAT A DEAL! In the right market you could pay for it with one nice slab. Good buy!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dan_Shade

did it have the bar and chain?

If so, does the bar fit a real chainsaw:  you know, the ones with white handles?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

Quote from: Dan_Shade on April 28, 2012, 10:42:21 PM
did it have the bar and chain?

If so, does the bar fit a real chainsaw:  you know, the ones with white handles?

Yes, it came with a bar and chain.   I'm not sure what saw will fit on it.   The bar has multiple holes ,machined in it so it looks like it may fit a number of saw types.

Dan - I have a can of orange Krylon that you can borrow to fix the white handle problem you have.  ;D

fat olde elf

Good deal.....I have many hours experience sharpening chains for Alaska mills. Let me know if I can help......Say your prayers. Still wear the t shirts your wife had at the Pig Roast........FOE
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

DR Buck

mad murdock

That's great buy!  The bar alone new, is worth over $200, it came with the aux oiler, stinger handle and the whole works?  That setup new is close to $600 new!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

DR Buck

Quote from: mad murdock on May 02, 2012, 09:13:25 AM
That's great buy!  The bar alone new, is worth over $200, it came with the aux oiler, stinger handle and the whole works?  That setup new is close to $600 new!

Yep.  Came with everything.  :)   

Thank You Sponsors!