iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got oneI

Started by DbltreeBelgians, October 07, 2018, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

Went to Paul Bunyan Show last Friday and had a goal in mind. Order a box of Kasco blades and get me a nice new 60" Logrite peavey and log lifter.
Mission accomplished  8)
Met up with member Cutting Edge at the Kasco booth and he was great at educating me on what blade would work best for my mill and I have a box of 4° blades coming my way shortly. Thank you Richard for working with me and I look forward to putting these new blades to work.
After a good visit with Richard and the guys at the Kasco booth it was off to the Logrite display down in the pits. Met up with members Furby and 
Tam-I-Am. Not only did I come away with a bright new 60" peavey and log lifter but I also got a special treat before I left. I had the pleasure of getting one of Tammy's famous brownies and boy was it good food6
Thank you Tam and good luck with the neighbor ;D. That was a good story.
It's always said "no picture, never happened so here's a pic of the Logrite 

Woodmizer also got a little free advertising from Jill. She had some foot surgery recently and had a walking splint on her foot and didn't want to get it muddy down in the pits. Nice lady at Woodmizer booth got a picture of it too.

All in all it was a good day at the Paul Bunyan Show 2018

Brent 

samandothers

Sounds like a fun day and great contact with some wonderful sponsors!  Toys are good too!

Musta been birthday gifts. Happy Birthday 🎂!

Stephen1

I really like my logrite peavey, is the log holder on a pin for easy removal?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Magicman

Congrats on the Logrite peavey.  logrite_cool

Just be advised that only one gets lonely.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Stephen1 on October 08, 2018, 08:53:42 PM
I really like my Logrite peavey, is the log holder on a pin for easy removal?
No it clamps on to the peavey and is held tight by (4) ¼-20 socket head cap screws.
Brent 

DWyatt

Congrats! All this talk about Logrite on here is getting to me and I will hopefully be getting the 60" peavey in the next couple weeks to replace my small cant hook! :)

Crusarius

MM is right. I started with the 60" cant hook, then I got the short hookaroon, now I really need a mill special cant hook. Rolling the logs on the mill with the 60 is a little cumbersome.

Magicman

Get the 30". 

I got the 24" and it is a bit too short.  As you can see, I prefer cant hooks rather than peaveys.  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crusarius

What I really need is a turner :)

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Crusarius on October 09, 2018, 08:31:57 AM
What I really need is a turner :)
Beside my cant hooks and the new peavey I have 2 other turners.
One is hydraulic 

And the other hook and chain.   Hydraulically operated that is

And I like em both.    smiley_thumbsup

Crusarius

Some type of turner is coming. I really need to stop getting my weekends taken away from me so I can get more done on my mill.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Crusarius on October 10, 2018, 07:37:17 AMI really need to stop getting my weekends taken away from me so I can get more done on my mill.
Once you start doing more on your mill it will take your weekends away from you. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Crusarius

That may not be a bad thing :)

Thank You Sponsors!