iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally!

Started by Roger2561, March 03, 2012, 05:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

If you look at my avatar, you'll see what I use to clear my the snow from my yard.  It dumped about 6 inches of the stuff this past week and finally had a chance to use it this year.  I had forgotten how enjoyable it it to remove snow with just a light shirt on and sleeves rolled up. 8)  I do not miss my push behind unit, it's so much nicer inside the cab. 

Have a great winter, er, spring, er, fall?  The weather has been so warm this year I don't know what season we're in!  Ah heck, have a great day!  Roger
Roger

Magicman

That looks like snow's worst nightmare.  Maybe you and Norm can head toward each other and meet in the middle.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

That is a real nice outfit you've got there Roger!

Makes it nice now they've got 3-ph and pto in the front, no more kinks in the neck!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roger2561

Quote from: Chuck White on March 03, 2012, 07:44:44 AM
That is a real nice outfit you've got there Roger!

Makes it nice now they've got 3-ph and pto in the front, no more kinks in the neck!

Chuck,  Believe it or not, that thing operates off the rear PTO.  There is a shaft that runs the entire length of the under belly of the tractor.  The shute is hydraulically controlled and an electric linear actuator raises and lowers the deflector.  The great thing is the cab is heated so when I'm ready to clear drives I take off my heavy coat, roll up my sleeves and get busy.  I have 3 neighbors all who are elderly that I clear their yards of snow.  They all insist they need to pay me.  I don't take money.  Every one of them is on limited income.  So, I might add that they make great desserts.   

Due to problems with my neck, a rear mounted one does not work for me.  Fortunately I found this one.  It was virtually brand new, it had seen only 1 snow storm.  I got it for about a little less than 1/2 price.  It's an Erskine, 6 feet wide.  Nothing stops it, even the 6 inch stone (don't ask me how I know) thankfully no one got hurt.  Roger
Roger

Magicman

Since this is so far out of my thinking, how about a few more pictures?   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roger2561

Quote from: Magicman on March 03, 2012, 02:41:33 PM
Since this is so far out of my thinking, how about a few more pictures?   :)

Other than posting in the gallery, how do you post a pic here? 

I'll be gone for a bit.  One of my younger brothers is treating me to dinner.  I'm not passing that up.  I'll be back a bit later.

Roger
Roger

metalspinner

That looks like it would do a number on sawdust, too. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Magicman

Click on the picture in your gallery and scroll down and click the blue box that says "Insert image it post".  That will automatically copy the picture's address to where your curser was blinking in your post.  Then you can click on "Preview" beside the Post button to look at your post before posting.  Scroll up to see the preview.

I like the way it has it's own jack to aid in attaching it to the tractor.

Roger2561

Quote from: metalspinner on March 03, 2012, 03:52:26 PM
That looks like it would do a number on sawdust, too. :)

Funny you say that.  The farmers in the northern part of NH use them for that reason.  They have huge stockpile of sawdust that needs to be moved so they simply blow it into truck using snow blowers like mine.  It doesn't know it's made for snow, so why not?
Roger

Roger2561

Here's how it connects and is powered from the rear PTO. It's too bad the pic doesn't show the shaft running under the tractor from front to back. 

Roger

samandothers

That is nice!  When I first saw it I assumed it was hydro operated. 

Piston

That sure is a nice way to clear snow!  I've wanted a tractor mounted snowblower for a long time now, but I refuse to get one until i have a tractor with a cab.  I can't think of a more fun, comfortable combination for clearing snow in the wintertime.  Radio on, heat on, a cold beer in the cup holder, just creeping along throwing snow  8)

Don't worry about the lack of snow this season, I'm sure next winter will make up for it  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

Never seen one like that. Looks like it can be raised up pretty good too. The one I looked at for a front mount could only be raised maybe 6 inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

Piston - When I bought the tractor it came with options for a radio, AC, you name it, the accessories are endless.  But, being a bit frugle? with my money I thought a radio was an accessory I didn't need.  I have been kicking myself in the backside ever since I made that decision.  I did not purchase the AC either due to the fact I'm not in the tractor much in the summertime.  If I need to spend the entire day operating it, early spring I remove the doors and open all the windows.  That offers enough of a cross draft that AC is not needed.   
Roger

Roger2561

Quote from: thecfarm on March 04, 2012, 05:20:08 AM
Never seen one like that. Looks like it can be raised up pretty good too. The one I looked at for a front mount could only be raised maybe 6 inches.

Between naps, general laziness and kicking my feet up today, I hope to find time to take pictures of how this interfaces with the tractor.  I can adjust the height of the snow blower by reassigning the height bolts to different holes.  The great thing with this unit is that it also has the option using down pressure if I need it, especially if the snow is packed and float feature simply rides on the packed snow, this thing will cut that stuff.  Oh, did I mention that thing weighs 1200 pounds? 
Roger

Roger2561

I hope these pictures are clear enough for you to see how this thing is connected to the tractor.  I think you can see the pins sticking through the front frame of the tractor to which the frame of the snow blower is attached.

Roger

Thank You Sponsors!