iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM engine trouble

Started by loggjamm, May 26, 2014, 10:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggjamm

I have a WM lth 40 with the 28 hp Kohler engine, and electronic fuel injection. It has been running fine. Then the last log I sawed, the engine doesn't speed up when engaging the clutch. The throttle cable is fine, the linkages seem fine, the throttle goes to the stop. If you push the governor lever, it will speed up. The engine just doesn't seem to get to the high speed rpm's. I do not have a tach, but I know it is not reaching full speed. I checked the electronic codes, and none show up. (6 1 no faults) Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,   Marc..
lt40hd, jd compact tractor, clark forklift, vizsla dog.

Chuck White

I've never been around a Kohler, so I'm only guessing.

Somewhere in the linkage, a spring or connector must have broken!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

I agree with Chuck. Probably from the throttle to the governor linkage.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodNthings

I had a similar problem but my 18HP Kohler is carburated. Took some digging but turned out the throttle plate in the carb had moved and was getting stuck. Does the EFI have a throttle body of some sort?
'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'80s Case rough terrain forklift
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

jmouton

maybe check to see if  both sides of the exhaust is hot ,   maybe the coils  even though you have no codes,  coils   can work sometimes and not   

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Bill Gaiche

What about fuel filter? bg

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Marc....check the air filter....clean it out if needed or order a new one if needed. I started off with the Kohler 28....same as you have.
Be sure your gas is not tainted.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

taw6243

The air throttle shaft needs some lube in the shaft. take the rubber boot loose below the air cleaner and squirt some spray lube on left and right sides while wiggling the slight slack in the shaft left and right to get lube between the shaft and bore it goes thru.
Also spray on the outside.
Only had to do it a couple of times in the 3200 hours I've had my LT40hdg28.
Tim
4500 hours on my 2004 LT40HDG28, CBN sharpener and auto setter, 25" woodmaster planer with 9'auto leveling bed and trac vac chip handling system, 1998 L3010 kubota, 2010 L3200 kubota Festool TS75 rail saw with 42", 75" and 106" rails.

loggjamm

8) Found the problem. The tiny screw backed out of the throttle control lever, not making contact. Easy fix, but it took another set of eyes to find it. Life is good, now back to sawing!!
lt40hd, jd compact tractor, clark forklift, vizsla dog.

Chuck White

Good to see you solved the problem Loggjamm.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!