iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic Bucks 2013

Started by Magicman, November 27, 2013, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chain

I took my muzzleloader but no luck. The temp early was about 20 degrees, four hours later, 50, topping at 55 degrees. Well, I knew not to hunt the sunny ridge top, but I did :-[

The deer were in the dark timber bedded down on cold ground to cool off. One old buck I've hunted just will not cross the woods trail to where my stand is. He comes right up to the road, rubs here and there, but his scrapes are on back further. :-\

Magicman

LynnP is our Registered Nurse Granddaughter.

She said that she wanted a deer made out of meat.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chain

Congratulations! to the nurse! May have to bring her up here, I can't get anyone to kill does. [game camera is a doe's best friend]

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can see she's hooked Magic. Vacation days from the Hospital will be saved for hunting.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Her brand new husband shot his first buck last week.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Well which one??  Her new husband is her age, and that doe looks to me to be a yearling.

Magicman

Pat and I both turned down shots at 8 point bucks last week.  Neither were really old bucks so we kept on hunting.

SIL James did connect on two that we considered as "needing to go" bucks.

A tall 2X2.

A wide 3X3

ET

I think I saw that 6 pointer hanging around here a few months ago; they sure do travel.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

clww

That's the tallest 4 pointer I've ever seen. That's a nice rack on that 6 pointer, too. Good eatin'! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Both of them were all that they would ever be and they needed taking out.  Both had been previously seen so it was just a matter of time.

I am hoping that I (we) will be able to spend several more days at the Cabin. 

Thank You Sponsors!