iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ya just got to love the weather man.

Started by DR Buck, January 30, 2010, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Just before I went to bed last night at around midnight, I checked the weather forcast.   It was still pretty much unchanged form what it had been all day.   Snow on Saturday, starting mid afternoon and continuing off and on through the night.   A total accumulation of just about 1 inch.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

When I got up at 6:30 this morning there was a little flake activty and a light coating of snow was  covering the back deck.    By the time I left to meet friends for breakfast at 8:30 the roads were completly covered.   

Well it's mid afternoon now and we have about 7 inches of the total accumulation of the 1 inch they were calling for.    ;D ;D 

The new revised forcast is 12+ inches.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Coon

I just think they forgot to add the 2 behind the one.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Banjo picker

Our weather man in Tupelo Ms...on WTVA 9 said "Sometimes you get all the stuff to make a cake ,,and then you don't make it for a while."  I guess somebody just went ahead and made your cake. ;D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pasbuild

I sure miss old Harry Pitisto's weather forecasts, Harry was a local radio dj and when it was time for the weather report he would go to the weather watch window and report what was happening in front of the station  :D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

pigman

Our weather person predicted 1"  for us and we got 1".  8) 
I think it is time for them to quit while they are ahead.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

stonebroke

We always get 6 to 8 inches of "Flurries"

Stonebroke

red oaks lumber

what other job can you have, be wrong over 50% of the time and still keep your job, well ok maybe the goverment.
a few years ago we got 36" from "flurries"
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ernie

With that degree of accuracy, your weatherman could easily get a job as an economist ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

pigman

I don't recall every getting much snow here when our weather person said flurries, but a few years back we did get 24" with a forecast of " no acumulation". :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

DR_Buck, it looks like you are in for it again.  I just heard Al Roker say this for what looked like weather leading into your part of the country...

"These areas could receive anywhere from 6" up to a half foot of snow"  yikes_smiley
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

Say when

DR Buck

Quote from: Jeff on February 03, 2010, 07:59:54 AM

"These areas could receive anywhere from 6" up to a half foot of snow"  yikes_smiley

:D :D :D :D :D         :D :D :D :D :D            :D :D :D :D :D

The weekend projections for here may be another BIG one.    I'm not happy :( about that forcast.  We've paid a non-refundable fee for a show we are (or were) planning on going to in Richmond.   :'(

stonebroke

Those of us in the northeast owe a debt to all those down in Virginia who are getting all the snow we normally get. It seems the big Canadien highs have been directing all the storms though the Mid Alantic region.Again Thank You

Stonebroke

DR Buck

ibseeker

Toughest job in San Diego is predicting the weather... ::)

Typical forecast..."Let's see, it was 71 today, it'll be 72 tomorrow...uh no, wait....it'll be 72 all week"

Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

stonebroke

Don't forget" clear and sunny today, clear and sunny tomorrow"

Stonebroke

submarinesailor

They are now calling for 18 to 24+ in the northern Virginia area. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o That will put us over the 55" mark for this winter already and we are only 1/2 way thru. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Bruce

DR Buck

Quote from: submarinesailor on February 05, 2010, 07:43:12 AM
They are now calling for 18 to 24+ in the northern Virginia area. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o That will put us over the 55" mark for this winter already and we are only 1/2 way thru. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Bruce

Bruce,  I heard national Weather Service say 28" starting by 10 AM.  :o :o :o :o    Kitty and I stayed home today rather than face the sure to be horrible traffic later.

tonto

I agree with Stonebroke, thanks for keeping the last 3 or 4 snow storms down south. Must not be our turn this year in NY - coarse now I just asked for it. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

submarinesailor

Dave,

I had a Trade Show at the DC Convention Center last night, was there until about 7:15 PM.  Usually the DC traffic starts die off about 7:30 Pm. Noooooo not last night, it took me 1.5 hours to drive about 33 miles.  Did I tell you just how much I hate the tarffic around here.

Throw in any type of bad weather and look out.  

Bruce

Magicman

What is that red ball in the sky that is trying to peep through...... :o    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

They just changed the forcast again.  it's now 20"- 30".  Boy, do I think we are in trouble!!!!!!!!

DR Buck

Quote from: submarinesailor on February 05, 2010, 01:23:58 PM
They just changed the forecast again.  it's now 20"- 30".  Boy, do I think we are in trouble!!!!!!!!

Yea.  I heard that.   I just finished putting the plow and bucket on the Kubota.   I'm afraid if I didn't do it today, I might not be able to find them tomorrow. 

CLL

We was supposed to get 2 inches on the weather report at 5 this morning, at noon they said 7", what a bunch of geniuses.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Thank You Sponsors!