Today i haw saw birch planks with my Logosol Farmers M8 chanesaw mill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMqLPDVlzuo&fmt=22
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Percy

That thing works pretty slick smiley_biggrin01 smiley_biggrin01 smiley_biggrin01
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

SwampDonkey

Works good, but a slow way to make a living.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Nice video, thanks for posting.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

teed

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 19, 2015, 05:54:24 AM
Works good, but a slow way to make a living.  ;D

haha you will never win any speed competition, but it works great for home consumption.

Magicman

Another way to skin dat cat.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Nice job Teed, and good looking boards too!  Do you need to use wedges on the longer or wider cuts?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

teed

Quote from: nomad on April 19, 2015, 07:28:23 PM
     Nice job Teed, and good looking boards too!  Do you need to use wedges on the longer or wider cuts?

Hey!
It works well without wedge. And usually I tend not to use it, if it's not too much stress into the board.
Then it can help a lot.

thecfarm

Nice. What's the planks going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

teed

Quote from: thecfarm on April 20, 2015, 08:25:52 AM
Nice. What's the planks going to be used for?

I really do not know what they should be for. But I love to build furniture, so it's always nice with a stock of wood to choose from when starting a new project.

SwampDonkey

That set up any good for a 30" (not but diameter) yellow birch? I could get boards out of the bush easier than a several 100 lb log. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

teed

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 20, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
That set up any good for a 30" (not but diameter) yellow birch? I could get boards out of the bush easier than a several 100 lb log. ;D

do not think you can cut 30 "but is good enough to run logs that are 23-25" and weighs 1100lbs

Billbob

Nice work Teed!  Good looking lumber and those slabs will make great firewood. 
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

teed

Quote from: Billbob on April 21, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

I am in the the process of learning me to say. So I try to cut as much as I can to see if it is good or bad. When you live as far north as I am it is good that some become firewood, otherwise it will be cold in the winter  :D

drobertson

Heck of a deal there, I think this is the second one I've seen running, pretty impressive,  no need to let timbers go to waste,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Billbob

Quote from: teed on April 22, 2015, 08:42:32 AM
Quote from: Billbob on April 21, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

I am in the the process of learning me to say. So I try to cut as much as I can to see if it is good or bad. When you live as far north as I am it is good that some become firewood, otherwise it will be cold in the winter  :D

You know it's been a bad winter when March arrives and you have to start busting up furniture to use as firewood!  :D
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

SwampDonkey

I've seen in the past a woodshed or two make the fire brigade.  Of course after the wood piles were exhausted inside. ;D

21incher

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Looks like you get a pretty good workout with that mill. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

teed

Quote from: 21incher on May 02, 2015, 07:04:09 PM
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Looks like you get a pretty good workout with that mill. :)

8) Yep need time to build a saw table, so I can lift the logs in the correct height and avoid lifting them

SwampDonkey

Probably want to elevate the logs about waist high don't you?  Don't go too high or that will be a workout to, especially 20"+ logs. ;D

justallan1

Very cool. That's getting the job done.

Thank You Sponsors!