iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree farmer ?

Started by David-L, March 22, 2013, 05:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Was visiting my brother a few days back and looking at his Tree farmer. i believe it is a 1965 or so. Is this a C-4 or C-5 as the sticker says. 353 that is rebuilt and the best starting cold one I have been around and a gearematic winch. stick steering, with a reverser. I think C-4 but I am not a Tree Farmer guy. We are wondering what you experts think.
                                                 David -l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

I have a c5d, looks close to mine but the rops looks different. If it is a true c5 it will have twelve lug axles not eight.
Precision Firewood & Logging

HiTech

The blade and axles look like C4. The arch looks like C5. It also looks longer than C4's I have been around. As long as it works and doesn't cost a lot to operate that is the main thing.

lumberjack48

Its what they called the Pulpwood Special, C4 frame, C4 running gear. They stuck a 3-53 in it and put a bigger winch on it. The machine does carry the C5 sticker, but you can't use it like a true C5, rear ends, planetarys, and drive line don't hold up. Its a good skidder, fast, lots of power, this one also has the longer wheelbase, which makes it pull better.
I ran a C4 for a guy that had the longer wheelbase, it had the 4 cylinder Perkins, sweet skidder. The power was perfect, used on the average 5 to 7 galls of fuel a day pulling 15 to 25 cords.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

logman81

That's what I thought to lumberjack48, good little machine.
Precision Firewood & Logging

coxy

so lits call it c41/2 :D 8) nice skidder not to big not to small 

David-L

Thanks Everyone, I am going to let him know and our mystery is solved. Funky rops and is way different than getting on my Timberjack. The motor starts in cold weather no problem which means the rebuilder knew his stuff. thanks again.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

treefarmer87

exactly what lumberjack said. I had the exact same machine. I miss it now that its gone  :'(
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!