iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a manual or info on a Fitchburg chipper

Started by DR_Buck, July 09, 2017, 08:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Today I came home with a project.    It's a Fitchburg Model 612 chipper and it was part of an estate.   The previous owner disassembled it for a complete rebuild and passed away before it was done.   The Ford 6 cyl engine has been completely rebuilt and is mounted on the frame.  The engine housing has been completely refabricated and is ready for paint.   Most everything else in various states of rework.  There are lots of pieces and  boxes of smaller pieces, including a fair amount of new parts.   What I don't have is any documentation on it.     Anyone know where I can get an owners or service manual?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

red

Somehow I thought you had enough projects .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

DR_Buck

Quote from: red on July 09, 2017, 08:32:41 PM
Somehow I thought you had enough projects .

I do.  And, this wasn't one I had any intent on getting into.   The one of the daughters of the fella that passed who owned the chipper is a very close friend of ours and kept bugging me about taking the chipper off their hands.   They finally made me an offer that was to good to say no.    It's not going to be high up on my list as I already have way to many things going on right now.   I'll save it for a rainy day.  A VERY rainy day.  :D

woodmaker

I have a fitchburg chipper that my ex-inlaws bought from a school in Delhi, N.Y. I think I remember a manual.
This is a basic "chuck and duck" chipper with a ford 300 six,no feed rolls,no air assist to help with chip removal.  If this sounds like yours,let me know and i will text or email some pictures.In the mean time i will try to look for the manual
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

red

Sounds like the same chipper . I think you need a parts machine with a fresh rebuild Ford 6 cyl . cash is king
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

woodmaker

I still have it,I didn't say that I still use it. I bought it to clear lots when I used to sell modular homes. I cleared two lots,then decided that an excavator with a hydraulic thumb and a 30 foot dump trailer was a lot easier on my back, and that was when i was 25 years younger
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

DR_Buck

Apparently manuals don't exist for this thing.   Nothing anywhere on the internet and no responses here.

Thank You Sponsors!