iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new friend from FF

Started by curved-wood, December 23, 2018, 07:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curved-wood

I've made myself a new friend that comes from the Forestry Forum. Quebecnewf at left on the photo, lives over 900 miles and 25 hours drive from my place. We spend some time together just talking about our passion :sawing, transforming, skidding. A great person . A great time

Magicman

Thank You for sharing your good time together.  Meeting FF Friends is always special and I would love to be there with both of you.  Enjoy.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

That's pretty cool! I have been communicating with a fellow I found here who has a place just 15 minutes from me. We will be meeting up next weekend for the first time. Hope we have a similar experience. Nice folks here, it's hard to go wrong.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Bruno of NH

That would be a meeting I would like to sit in on☺
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

curved-wood

Actually it is the second time this year that I meeting new friends from the FF. The first one was at your place, Bruno. It was a great time also.

It was fun to exchange on our different ways of doing things. Super

olcowhand

I always enjoy QuebecNewf's pics and Posts, and I really like the woodwork in your pic.
Not only that, but I haven't met or talked to a FF Member that I wouldn't want to spend more time with (although I'm pretty sure it's not always reciprocated, on account of their good sense/ judgement...).
Heck, if 900 miles is just a visit, I could show up at MM's or Goose's place anytime (you guys don't have to hide the silverware, I'm kidding)!
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Magicman

For your visit, I would get out the finest China and Silverware and I ain't kidding.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Quote from: Magicman on December 23, 2018, 08:43:50 PM
For your visit, I would get out the finest China and Silverware and I ain't kidding.  8)
Lynn,
That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day. Thanks.
Merry Christmas to you and all my FF Friends!
John 1:14
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

curved-wood

QuebecNewf's has some very particular ways of sikking. Quite interesting to see photos of his woodwork. Also just to get to the island walking on half frozen salt water and jumping between water holes...not for me ! Here is my wish for next year: meet some more of those passionate wood freak from the FF. OK Let's share that wish : In the next year I wish to all  to meet some other members of the FF community. Happy holidays

thecfarm

The Women Cave door is always open to any FFF member that wants to visit.

<               br>
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Pat and I have sat on that porch and visited with Ray and Brenda.  :)

Resonator

QuoteThe Women Cave door is always open to any FFF member that wants to visit.
Is a "Woman Cave" kinda like a "She Shed"? 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

goose63

olcowhand or any of you

In the summer if you find your self's here when I have the smoker going you ain't getten fine china silverware but you gonna get some fine fixens digin_2 sketti_1 food2
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

It started out as a garden shed,than someone came over and said They had a Man Cave,this should be a Women Cave.
But a She Shed is not too far off from the truth. "She said" to build it.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!