iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new member from Ontario, Canada

Started by woodenboater, October 16, 2013, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodenboater

Hi guys 'n' gals.

Wanted to say hello to all the members here. Been lurking here for a bit but am a recent member at Arboristsite (which makes me one of the refugees I guess ha ha). Seems like a lot of Canuckleheads hang around here which is nice to see ;) Will be watching to see if there are any Leafs/Sens threads so I can avoid them lol.

Have used Echos previously but recently picked up a Husky 435, christened it at my cabin last weekend. Trail clearing on my property is the task at hand so it'll be easier snowshoeing when it turns white.

Looking forward to being a part of FF

cheers

WB

Qweaver

Welcome Woodenboater.  I own several boats but mine are all plastic.  I've owned several wood ones...way too much work...but they are pretty.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

thecfarm

woodenboater,welcome to the forum. Show snowing is fun. But I have not done it in years. A nice way to get out and see what nature is doing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Howdy woodenboater, sounds like you have a good plan, snowshoeing does sound like fun, and no better time to saw then in cool dry weather,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

Quote from: woodenboater on October 16, 2013, 08:44:37 PM
Will be watching to see if there are any Leafs/Sens threads so I can avoid them lol.
Who???? Seriously welcome aboard. You won't find much hockey talk here at least while the baseball playoffs and foot ball are on.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Welcome aboard , but hockey is drowned out from all the football and baseball noise.  It's pretty funny really with all the American hockey teams out there. Hardly a peep. I think it's a boycott. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, woodenboater!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

woodenboater

thanks for the welcomes everyone. don't actually watch much hockey anymore, flow is gone and too much staged fighting. the Jays had hopes this year getting Dickie et al but people are wondering if the roof at the dome has any effect on his pitching. guess Toronto will have to wait a bit longer to repeat the WS wins of the Carter/ Alomar era ;)

moosehunter

Welcome aboard woodenboater!
What part of Ontario? My wife and I love visiting and will be snowmobiling near Halliburton this winter.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

nk14zp

Welcome to the site.  Watch out for those guys that like grits.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

JohnM

Welcome aboard, woodenboater!  (see what I did there? ;D ;) :D)  Only hockey I get to see around here is Umaine (one or two games a year), got to see Paul Kariya the one year he played here.  That was a good year...that we are still chasing. ::) 
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Lanternguy

hi i am new here as well been lurking but decided to finally join all the fun.  BTW i am a Leafs fan!!   
Echo CS3000, Stihl MS180, Echo 450P, Stihl MS361, Stihl HS46C-E, Stihl Magnum BR600, Echo SRM225, Stihl FS 56, Echo TC-210 Tiller, Stihl BG56 C-E,  Black and Decker Alligator, Poulin Pro Blower

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

We like leaves here...  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DonT

Magicman

Hello woodenboater, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Lanternguy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!