iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna Bar and Chain

Started by quinnmedic, December 23, 2010, 12:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinnmedic

I have read a good deal about after market bars being made in china of cheap steel that won't hold up. So how about Husky bars and Husky chain, is it still made in Sweden and is the steel better quality.?????

Thanks  8)

John Mc

Husky chain is just rebadged Oregon chain, at least here in the US. Not sure about the bars.

Also, it may vary depending on whether you are buying a homeowner saw vs. a pro saw??
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

loggit

I was buying 20" bars for our huskys for $25 /bar. Last year the dealer quit selling them as he told me they had problems with them but wouldn't specify why, but something to the effect of the steel also. They were Forester bars. They took them off the market.

I never had any trouble with them or really any bar we have run whether it was husky, oregon, windsor or whatever. And we run our saws on a daily basis also. Right now we  are using frost-bite bars, one I hadn't heard of before. As bars are getting quite expensive now I'm of the mind to go by pricing till I have a real bad problem with one.

cheyenne

Forester are laminated bars...............Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

quietrangr

Husky pro saw bars are Oregon Power Match Plus, which are decent bars.  You won't get much better for a Husky. I've even started using them on my Stihl because of less oil hole plugging problems.

Cut4fun

Quote from: cheyenne on December 24, 2010, 04:34:58 PM
Forester are laminated bars...............Cheyenne

Not all Forester bars are laminated. I have solid ones with replaceable sprocket tips, that look just like Oregon power-match plus and other GB brands. So far so good.

SawTroll

Quote from: quinnmedic on December 23, 2010, 12:21:54 PM
I have read a good deal about after market bars being made in china of cheap steel that won't hold up. So how about Husky bars and Husky chain, is it still made in Sweden and is the steel better quality.?????

Thanks  8)

Husky bars are mostly made by Husky in Norway (not Sweden) or by Oregon in Canada/USA. Some have been made by GB in Australia in the past.

i don't know where the cheap "Farm Tough"" bars are made.

The chain are rebranded Oregon.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!