iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winter wonderland

Started by Ken, December 26, 2013, 03:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Probably better than leaving 4 foot stumps. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

Gotta carry a ladder with and cut 8'6" up and then come back and get the butt log in the spring. haha

WmFritz

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on December 26, 2013, 04:42:58 PM
This year reminds me of the winters we had when I was a kid. 11 FEET of accumulated snow by Christmas and temps in the single digits everyday.

I thought the same thing the other day.  Gaylords had about 8' so far. I'm 30 miles north, but I think we've had the about the same amount here.  I took Grandkids skiing yesterday and this morning they were out at 8:00 playing at the cabin.
Full day of sledding and tunneling in the snow piles. :snowman:

I's getting worn out just watching the fun.  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

Hang in there gramps.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

r.man

I had half forgotten about snowmobiling in deep snow in the late 70s early 80s. We broke trail with two machines, one would forge ahead until it got stuck and the other would then swing by the first to continue on. In poor conditions there would be two crusts in the depth and sometimes three. It could help if you were shoveling a roof since large blocks of snow could be slid off a low crust. Really sped things up.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

beenthere

red oaks lumber

This man that was found frozen must not have been too far from you.
Apparently went through the ice with his truck and then tried to walk out.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/man-dies-after-truck-breaks-through-ice/-/1648/23679298/-/t7iant/-/index.html

Story is much too sketchy to have much of an idea what happened, but wonder with all the snow, how one could get far on the ice. And apparently alone from IL working for a company out of St.Louis. Said they used his GPS in his truck to find his last location.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

that lake is about 1 1/2 miles as a crow flies. lets see that lake has a creek coming in on one end and is spring fed, there use to be warning signs about the conditions. sad deal for sure
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Don_Papenburg

Snow &cold = No blackflies ,deerflies,skeeters,chiggers ,ticks,and the snakes are real slow. And I don't have to run the airconditioner ;D
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!