iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bayer Brush Killer for Hack & Squirt

Started by Remfarmer, June 11, 2018, 08:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remfarmer

I tried two locations to buy 24-D for hack & squirt at my farm. I was told by a sales clerk Bayer Brush Killer would work My question is this: Does it have what is needed for doing this and if so how long before I should see signs such as wilting leaves etc. I was mainly using it on poplars and maple trees and a few sweet gums in an area for creating better deer habitat.

Claybraker

That's usually the amine (Garlon 3) formulation of triclopyr so it should work. The ester formulation ( Garlon 4 ) isn't labeled for cut surface other than cut stump as far as I know.  It wouldn't be my first choice, but sometimes you gotta go with what you've got, as long as it's not inconsistent with the label.

btulloh

Crossbow is similar and may be available if you can't find garlon4.  I'm not sure if the formulation is exactly the same but I've used it successfully on privet, sweetgum, tree of heaven with cut stump or hack and squirt.
HM126

TKehl

Maybe a dumb question, but deer like to eat maple leaves.  Why not do hinge cuts on them to provide them forage and shelter?
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Thank You Sponsors!