iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UP Dated 450 case ??

Started by dustyhat, June 17, 2018, 11:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

We have a mid 70s 450 case track loader one of the other guys thinks motor oil is getting into the transmission oil is this possible? if so , where do i start looking

mike_belben

Case runs a driveshaft off a damper.. Here is a breakdown.  I dont remember it having any lube line but you should check, mine is 1,000 miles away.  If there are no hydraulic pipes from that damper to the trans i cant see it mixing.  The driveline is all gear, left and right trans.

What is making you suspect this?  the trans may have a motor oil grade lubricant.  Lotta the older stuff just ran 30WT in everything.
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

Seem like I had a forklift at work do that. Took the mechanic a little to figure out why. That was about 20 years ago,I forgot what it was now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Dang i lost the link for the damper parts schematic.  
Praise The Lord

dustyhat

Maby this can help others in the future, the suspected problem is we are thinking its getting in the hyd pump off the motor getting sucked in to the hydraulic system. so if anyone has this trouble look for a bad pump.

mike_belben

I guess that would indicate a bad seal on the input shaft of the pump.  The drainback oil coming off the timing gears must be getting pulled in.  I would look to see if there isnt a clogged up suction side from the hydraulic reservoir.  Probably has a strainer screen inside.  Its hard to imagine that much oil getting in that way if the hydrailuc pipe is flowing properly.

My 450 case completely algae'd up a new filter in a year.  
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Quick easy way to check would be add some red dye into your oil if you see the dye somewhere it's not supposed to be issue found.

Thank You Sponsors!