iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging Accident

Started by ahlkey, January 31, 2012, 01:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahlkey

Just heard the terrible news at noon of a logger that died in an accident just 30 miles south of me on Monday (see below).  Trying to find out more but my prays are with the family during this difficult time.

CORNELL, Wis. (AP) -- A logger has died in a Chippewa County accident. Sheriff's officials say two men were logging in county forest land near Bob Lake, just west of Cornell Monday afternoon. A skidder slid down a hill and dumped some of the logs they were cutting. Lt. Rick Starck tells WEAU-TV the men were at the bottom of the hill and were tightening the cables when the skidder rolled down the hill and hit one of them. Stack says steep terrain and snow conditions made it difficult to reach the victim, believed to be in his 30s. An autopsy is expected to be done Tuesday. The other logger wasn't hurt.------

lumberjack48

My day was going good on till i Read this, brings back that feeling of helplessness, very sad  :(   :(
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

beenthere

Member nsmike posted this earlier too. Very sad.
Some frightening times on that job, for sure. Prayers for the fellow workers and families.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

BAD things happen VERY fast  :( :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Okrafarmer

Sometimes it's just almost impossible to predict these things. You can worry all your life about what might get you, and die of something else you never worried about and didn't see coming. It's so hard to hold in ones head all the possible things that can "get you" on a daily basis. In the daily grind, just trying to get stuff done, we forget or we don't notice the dangers. Just yesterday, I was scaling a log and tripped over a piece of wood while backing up, couldn't catch myself and fell over hard onto a stump on my back. Thankfully, one of the guys had just trimmed the splinters off the stump...
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!