iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tracked or 6 Wheel Harvester? Fixed Head or Dangle Head? Pros and Cons Please

Started by danbuendgen, August 15, 2016, 04:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danbuendgen

Thanks wannaergo. That's just what I was wanting to know.

The Timberpro is a very large machine.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

barbender

The Ponsse Duals are based on a Buffalo or BuffaloKing forwarder, I don't remember which. I haven't ran one personally, one of my friends ran one a bit and didn't care for it. With the forwarder crane , you don't have nearly as much swing power, and you end up processing over your bogeys (because the forwarder crane is set back at the end of the frame, a harvester crane is set out over the bogeys). One place they have seen some use is biomass harvesting with an "energy wood" shear head. But when natural gas prices got so low, it kind of killed the biomass market up here.
Too many irons in the fire

BurkettvilleBob

Just saw a listing on Craigslist in Westbrook, ME for two Rottne 2002 four wheeled processors, 25,000 for both. They aren't turn key obviously, but you'd think there must be way more value than that if one was to part them out, both have ctl heads, chains on all four tires...........

danbuendgen

I checked them out. They were teamed up with my Rapid before I picked it up. Those little harvesters are good in small soft wood. But even firewood is hard on them day in and day out. Good for someone thinning softwood all day long.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Thank You Sponsors!