iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Death in the Family

Started by SwampDonkey, July 15, 2008, 09:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Today we lay to rest, in Royalton Wesleyan Cemetery, my uncle John Crawford of 81 years. He had been of poor health the last few years and really aged a lot this past year. At the Wake yesterday, I never even recognized the man laying there in the coffin. He has 3 daughters, and 4 sons and many grand children I hardly know and great grand children.

Have a good week all.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Mine too, Swamp Donkey.

81 years on this earth is enough time to experience a lot of situations and I hope to generate a lot of fodder for stories.  It is your job now to lay the ground work for his rememberance.  Make sure his grandchildren know the man that you knew. It's what will keep him alive.  :)

Radar67

Our prayers are with your family SD.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

Sorry to hear it, SD.  I pray for comfort for you and your entire family.

isawlogs

Toute mes condoléances à la famille Crawford.  Sorry to hear of his passing SD.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roxie

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Was he on your Mom's or Dad's side? 
Say when

rebocardo

Sorry to hear about your loss.

> I never even recognized the man laying there in the coffin.

That can be tough, but, look at earlier pictures and remember him for how he lived and was.

thedeeredude

Sorry to hear swampdonkey.  Thoughts are with you.

WH_Conley

Bill

Ernie

Our thoughts and prayers are with you SD
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

He was dad's brother and the oldest in dad's family. Dad has two sisters living and he lost one other sister 12 years ago. She was the youngest in the family. Uncle John had been battling 3 forms of cancer and actually got through it all and cancer free. The old guy was just tired of fighting I guess. He was deacon in the local church, a potato farmer, responsible for the upgrading of route 110 through Centreville into the State of Maine and onto Route 1 in Maine for truck traffic.

I won't lie to anyone, we were never close with uncle John. Well dad was for sure and his sisters. Mom, my brother and I were not close because we know how dad had to endure some of the things he did over the years. Makes ya want to pound rocks at times. But, anyway that's all in the past now.

I am a lot closer to my uncle on mom's side. She lost two brothers before they were 66.

Thanks all for your kind words and thoughts.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

SwampDonkey,sorry to hear of your loss.Remember him the way you choice and be happy you knew him.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RSteiner

Sorry to hear of the passing of your uncle. 

In the past 81 years he saw a lot of changes in his world.  I hope you have many good memories of him.

Randy
Randy

tonich

Sorry to hear of you loss, SD.
My Condolences!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Sorry to hear it, SwampD.

One of my favorite people of all time was a great uncle.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!