iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who has shot the biggest deer so far on the Forum?

Started by oakiemac, November 23, 2005, 03:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

I know it wasn't me. I shot a buck that I thought was a doe and when I started feild dressing I was in for a surprise. ;D
My son shot a similar one. I'm not one to just look for the big bucks- I generally take what the good Lord provides and say thank you very much! Season isn't over with yet so I still have a chance at Mr. big.

So who has got the biggest?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Modat22

Don't know about you but I plan on shootin 2 of the smallest deer on the forum this weekend.
remember man that thy are dust.

Tom

Don't look for a challenge from down here.   There are species of dogs that are bigger than our deer. :)

SwampDonkey

Not I, I don't hunt. I did see a marsh hawk snag a grouse though, does that count? :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Modat22

Quote from: Tom on November 23, 2005, 04:02:07 PM
Don't look for a challenge from down here.   There are species of dogs that are bigger than our deer. :)

Don't the deer in your area have green skin and bite back and taste similar to chicken?
remember man that thy are dust.

Engineer

Last time I went huntin' I was 17, got up in the woods, it was 4 am, it was warm and dry, and the next thing I knew I was waking up, the sun was up, it was 9 am and I was sore.    And the woods was full of guys wearing orange.

I went home and decided it was more fun sleeping in bed.

The last deer I got was four years ago, though.   Roadkill, thy name is Buck.   ;D

moosehunter

A pic of mine is on the OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES section under " opening day 05"
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

submarinesailor

Fla._Deadheader

MH is gonna be hard to beat, unless somebody drags in one a dem Buck Elks  ;D ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Dana

I got a 7 point with a 16 1/2" inside spread last thursday. Made some jerky from an internet recipie out of the front qrtrs taste very good. Have to cut up the rest tomorrow.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Tony

Well I would like to take a shot at a big buck, small buck, or doe,but with
average temp during bow season of 90 degrees smiley_sweat_drop and free logs up to here, ;D ;D priorities have changed a bit , I reckon...

At least, the wife and kids are happy, cause daddy's home more ;D ;D

But, the Quest for the Quarry will begin anew tomorrow
                                         smiley_big-grin2
                                               Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

oakiemac

Well Moose hunter, you are most likely gonna win. That was one nice buck. We have until the end of the month then muzzle loading season so I still  have a chance to beat you but I'll have to admit it is not looking good.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Tony

Moose Hunter, you da man smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

Tony  8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

3584ELK

my daughter shot a 6x6 mule deer buck, I shot a 4x3 buck, and a 5x6 bull elk.  Now to put pics in the gallery!  :'(

oakiemac

3584elk,

That's pretty good shooting! Sounds like you got a couple freezers full.

Max sawdust

Shot a 8 pointer whitetail with 14 inch spread and 6.5 inch tines nice buck for northern Wisconsin 8)  Opening morning by 9.00 am.  Problem was my shot was bad and I tracked it 5 miles ::)  Lucky we had fresh snow ;D
Got real lost in the big woods had to back track my trail couple of times to figure out where da deer was in relasionship to where my woods is :o
What a blast 8)
Know back to loggen in the woods
max
Ya I knows it is not yooper night but northern wisconsin is close enough :D
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

pigman

Shot an 8 pointer,  but won't show the picture because of poor quality. Shot through the window and screen. By the time I got outside with the camera he had left. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Kirk_Allen

Well Okie, I would woud have to say for THIS year it looks like MH has the biggest Rack on a deer but what are we going by in your question.  Animal size?  I may have that honor for now, or until Norm posts a pic of one of his Iowa monsters like we have.  My deer field dressed 225lbs.  Its the meat volume that counts, right?  ;D

isawlogs

I wont win with mine ,  but I did get a 9 point that field dressed at 195 lbs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawguy21

Didn't Texas Ranger have Rudolph skinned out and hanging with lights? I couldn't find the post but surely that counts :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

As bitternut did, using the 'right' equipment helps get the big ones home.  This deer is in a Deere tote.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Skytramp

I shot a 8 point from a tree stand at a pond I had dug just for the sole purpose of hunting.  about 30 yards late evening first day of season, there were two young does feeding under the post oak tree that I built the stand in and the buck was more interested in them than looking out for me.  The rack was a perfect 8 point but not too large a spread.  My wife ground up most into hamburger, mixed with bacon.  We fried the back strap and tenderloin, made bar-b-q out of one sholder and saved a whole ham for a roast.  I take the ham and season it with salt and pepper smother it in onions and butter and wrap it in about 4 or 5 layers of foil and cook it about 4 or 5 hours in the smoker.
     It is farm country here in southern Missouri and they have plenty to eat, it was really fat, been in someones cattle feeder probably.
Skytramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Paul_H

Quote from: beenthere on November 23, 2005, 11:38:44 PM
As bitternut did, using the 'right' equipment helps get the big ones home.  This deer is in a Deere tote.

Here is another way of getting them home

Super Yooper
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!