iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine cants

Started by Wes Lyon, March 08, 2006, 09:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Lyon

Need some help on what to pay for SYP cants here in northern Missouri.  I have access to hardwoods galore but have a potential request for some pine cut stock and need to know what I might expect to pay for pallet cants per bdft.  Also if anyone has access to SYP logs in ? southern Missour or wants to sell some SYP in cant form please let me know.  Thanks ...

Bro. Noble

We'll sell all the logs you want to haul.  We're in Ozark Co.

Pallet cut stock here sells for 28 cents a bdft.  5/8 "  scaled as 3/4" ,  but there's a limited demand that we've found for pallet stock.  We sometimes saw deminsion lumber for 40 cents a bdft,  but again the demand is limited.  Sawlogs sell for 40 to 50$ per ton.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Wes Lyon

Brother Noble
What is the best way to convert per ton weight to board footage on SYP?  I have seen it done several ways.  I need a realistic/accurate conversion formula.  Many thanks ...

Bro. Noble

I'm sorry,  but you're asking the wrong guy.  I think RMay told me once,  but I forgot already.  Heck,  I need help getting dressed anymore.  We were cutting logs the other day when my son looked at me and said "that's quite a pair of boots you are wearing".  I looked down and saw I had put on one logging boot and one hiking boot.  I told him I had another pair like them any time he wanted to borrow them.

What would you be willing to pay for good big logs loaded on your truck?  In bdft.  That's what I understand better too.

Kevin

Quotebut I forgot already

It's called sometimers.
Some times he remembers and sometimes he don't.
Some times it's selective.

;D

Bro. Noble

Well who rattled your cage you old troublemaker :D

Tom

Hang in there Br'er Noble!  You remember some of it  and I'll remember some of it.  We'll get by. ;D :D

ARKANSAWYER

On Good SYP logs you will get 200 to 250 bdft per ton of logs.   Larger logs (over 20 inches) to goes to 300 to 325 bdft per ton.  Never have gotten more then that.   I think the scales say that it takes 7,000 to 8,000 lbs of logs per 1 mbdft for sawlog timber.
  see my post in Wanted for price.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!