iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing wedding cookies

Started by CX3, July 20, 2018, 07:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tawilson

Quote from: Lawg Dawg on July 20, 2018, 09:18:31 PM

Try this simple jig I cut hundreds of them :)

I went and stole your jig idea. Worked like a charm. Thanks.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Peter Drouin

I get $5 for them too, But, like WDH bigger is more $$
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Leigh Family Farm

And another marketing idea goes into the sawmill business journal I keep. "Wedding Cookies"...

Do you have to put a label on them "not for human consumption"?  :D  
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Lawg Dawg

This is a better look at my jig. Just a piece of 1x12 witha notch for the 2 plane clamp and a 1x4 screwed to that (from the bottom!). The1x4 has a V sawed in it to cradle the round log ;)

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

SawyerTed

Lawg Dawg's jig is also good for clamping those short logs a customer brings in the trunk of their Nissan (aka chunks of firewood from grandma's pecan tree).  Don't ask me how I know. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Peter Drouin

Quote from: SawyerTed on August 06, 2018, 07:57:56 PM
  Don't ask me how I know.
:D :D :D :D :D I know too. :D :D :D :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

TimW

Or you can take it a step further.

I made them years ago for Christmas presents.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

etroup10

We had cookies at our wedding for center pieces and i used them to make some cupcake stands that turned out pretty well!!! I can't find a picture of the center pieces. I also used some of my slabs for on top of the barrels(under the cupcake stands) 

NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Ianab

Lil was reading the thread and said to me.
What about smaller cookies for early childhood centres? This is smaller pieces (from limbs?) that the youngsters can play with. They line them up, count them, stack them etc. 

It's called "loose parts play" where the kids are basically given boxes of various things to just play with. Can be sticks, rocks, beads etc. Little kid size cookies of some nice durable wood seem to fascinate them. 

Slice up a couple of dozen smaller cookies on a band saw, bundle them in a mesh bag, and sell them for $10 a bag?
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Resonator

A couple years ago I was logging and cut this off a hollow poplar log. As a Joke, I told a friend of mine to give it to his fiance' on Valentines day. I saw on a recent visit that she still has it proudly displayed by their front door. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

PC-Urban-Sawyer

If you had a steady supply of those you could make enough money to retire early...

Herb

Resonator

Good, I know I've got a few more dead hollow trees.  I'll start searching for more shaped like hearts. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I actually had this on the market for a while but quickly found out
I could make more money in the long run renting it out for Weddings.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!