goose63

My Kasco woodmax blade's got here today

be Dang care full when you open them up. Will try one in the morning
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

petefrom bearswamp

I tried 2 and liked them, but I am a WM guy mainly so buy from them.
Opening from this coil is not a problem but wear good gloves
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

drobertson

nice box like most of all of them,  one at a time of course, inside one first, leave the rest as they are till needed, then proceed, I have a few new ones too,  can hardly wait til the morning,   not counting all the bark and crap around the mill, it needs to go ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

I started using Kasco bands and think they are as good as WM and Cooks. I also like how they are packaged in the pic and think they are safer that way, rather than coiled.
Just my opinion.

BCsaw

Hey..............how come mine have never had a "C" clamp included.......... :D :D :D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

fishfighter

So far the ones I used on oak have done a nice job. 7 drg blades leave rough cuts on pine, but not oak.

Keep the blades you are not using inside the box with the paper. That will keep them from rusting up any.

goose63

The thing I didn't like was the steel ring hold them that why the reason for the c clamp
goose

Chuck White

Quote from: BCsaw on August 28, 2015, 11:48:52 PM
Hey..............how come mine have never had a "C" clamp included.......... :D :D :D

Don't use the C-clamp and remove the D-ring!   :o

Turn the blades over, teeth down and in the small loop, take the inside one (which is the outside one in the big loop) and lift the small loop out of the D-ring, take hold of the small loop with both hands, one on each side (gloves on) and back up a couple of steps and the first blade will be removed from the package.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Nomad

Quote from: Chuck White on August 29, 2015, 06:43:47 AM
Quote from: BCsaw on August 28, 2015, 11:48:52 PM

Don't use the C-clamp and remove the D-ring!   :o

Turn the blades over, teeth down and in the small loop, take the inside one (which is the outside one in the big loop) and lift the small loop out of the D-ring, take hold of the small loop with both hands, one on each side (gloves on) and back up a couple of steps and the first blade will be removed from the package.

X2.  If you try to remove more than one at a time, bad things will happen to you!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

deadfall

I don't even want to imagine a full package without that D-ring in place.  We don't want the ATF learning about bandsaw bombs going off. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

goose63

The Lenox come like that but with out the D ring I hang them up with the teeth facing the wall cut the 4 wires. I did the same with these but with zip tie's worked out good 
goose

Chuck White

The best advice is to take them out one at a time!

Be careful!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Chuck, I would say that your best advice is the only advice......that is unless you want a serious possibility of bleeding.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Chuck is a master at handling those devils.

after I lost control of two bands at once with my LT10 :o
I decided 5 teeth in a single package was sufficient for me ;)

Goose how do they saw??
Dan

petefrom bearswamp

I leave them with the teeth up, wear gloves and have never had a problem.
New ones come from WM teeth down but resharp sends them teeth up.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

highleadtimber16

I've found the Kasco blades last longer than the WM, for me. They're also less expensive than the WM blades, and Kasco ships for free!
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

goose63

Dan thy cut DanG good like a knife through butter and smooth
highleadtimber16 how did you get free shipping ? thy charged me shipping
goose

xlogger

You have to order 3 boxes at a time to get free shipping.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!