iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is what REALLY gets under a Wildland Firefighter's skin

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 31, 2014, 09:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They ALWAYS let it get to big before they call me. Geeeeeeeee!!!!!!  >:(

10-4.....if you think we need them. I do.....my brush truck is out of water. :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Holmes

I thought WDH said that was a controlled fire. :laugh:
Think like a farmer.

sawguy21

:o I would want to be well in front of that with a dozer and have a pickumup nearby.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

justallan1

I have all the respect in the world for the guys on equipment and on the ground, BUT sometimes I think the big decisions must be getting made by someone in a suit, sitting in an office, in another state!
In this picture there were technically 5 fires going at once and these guys weren't allowed to help on another fire within a 1/2 mile behind where I was standing to take this picture. The ranch I work for lost 34,000 acres because these folks weren't allowed to do their jobs. That was a year and a half ago, and I'm still about half mad about it.

Allan

Alcranb

That sort of adds merit that old acronym CHAOS
Chief  Has  Arrived  On  Scene   ::)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

redprospector

Quote from: justallan1 on February 01, 2014, 01:12:44 AM
I have all the respect in the world for the guys on equipment and on the ground, BUT sometimes I think the big decisions must be getting made by someone in a suit, sitting in an office, in another state!
In this picture there were technically 5 fires going at once and these guys weren't allowed to help on another fire within a 1/2 mile behind where I was standing to take this picture. The ranch I work for lost 34,000 acres because these folks weren't allowed to do their jobs. That was a year and a half ago, and I'm still about half mad about it.

Allan

Yep, there were over 250 homes lost in Ruidoso, NM a couple of years ago because someone in an office decided to let the fire take it's natural course. I'm still full mad about that.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Don_Papenburg

One of the firefighters that I know said that in school they taught them that there is afire triangle . The points of the triangle represent  heat  oxygen and fuel , If you can remove any one of them you will put the fire out .  He said at the fire dept. he learned that in real life it is a fire square .  Heat, oxygen , fuel and chief .  And if you remove any one of them you can put the fire out.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

justallan1

Thank You Sponsors!