iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ashley Book of Knots

Started by lxskllr, September 09, 2018, 03:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

I've been looking for this awhile, and found it on archive.org. It's the bible of knotwork. Maybe I'm late to the game, but some here might be interested...

The Ashley Book Of Knots : Clifford W Ashley : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Not free, but I also bought a digital reprint of Fundamentals of General Tree Work by GF Beranek. It's been out of print for awhile, and copies sell for hundreds of dollars. Due to the age, it's not the state of art of tree work, but still useful and interesting to read. $20 for a pdf, which I don't think is bad.

The Fundamentals of General Tree Work - Digital Edition by G.F. Beranek | Educated Climber.com

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

runmca

Here's another one-

Knots 3D - Learn how to tie over 120 useful knots!

I have this on my phone, comes in handy as I have it available most of the time.

samandothers

Thanks for these resources they are interesting and helpful.

Magicman

The "Knots 3D" looked interesting enough for me to buy the app.  I think that it will be well worth the $1.99, especially since the phone is always with me.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DPatton

I'm with MM on this one. The 3D Knots is right up my alley and something I will use in the future. Thank you members for posting the great links.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

petefrom bearswamp

Book? I dont need no stinking book.
I only use a few knots which do all I need to do.
Square, Bowline, Clove hitch, overhand, taught line hitch, blood knot, improved clinch knot, slip knot and even once in several blue moons the much maligned as useless sheepshank.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

You always wuz a crotchety knotty ole guy.  :D  (inside joke)  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fstedy

There is a nice knot guide on the Appstore for your Iphone costs 1.99 but you always have it for reference
has over 100 knots. Another one is iHandy Carpenter for free
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Thank You Sponsors!