iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Me Woodshop Equipment

Started by Corley5, October 05, 2013, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Now I've got to wire some 220V plugs in the shop  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawmillhand

looks like you got a good deal there  ;D
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

DR_Buck

Just another way to make saw dust.    8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WmFritz

You've got everything there that I need, including that power feeder. Nice!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

What did you raid some high school shop up there?   ;D

Very nice wood working shop tools. :)

Reminds me I have to upgrade my fence on my table saw soon to a square tube rail. My old fence by itself is shot. Cast aluminum on a fence is junk. Lasted 14 years, but should last a man for his life. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

That mortising attachment for the drill press is very handy. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I'd say that you made a very nice score.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Looks like the equipment has been taken care of. There is not 3 inches of sawdust over it.Move them motorcycles in the corner and take your shop back.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yes, the mortiser attachment is handy. I've cut a few myself with one.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jueston

Wow, those are all the upgrades I would love to have in my shop..... Next to those fine machines the tools I have in my shop would look tiny.... :laugh:

hardtailjohn

Great score! I've got the same jointer...you'll love it! I've had mine for 20+ years.  The shaper is one of my next purchases...I'm tired of using the router table, and want to swing some bigger bits.... and that powerfeed would be excellent to have!  You've got a great setup there!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Ole CB

pineywoods

OOOhhh man, what a score. I have the same table saw. Now let me guess, your shop ain't big enough so you need to build a bigger one  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Corley5

I did well on the deal.  She was glad it went to good home.  I got a lot of tooling with the shaper.  There are knives for the two moulding heads, several different cutters, and a router bit collet and an assortment of bits.  I also got an assortment of end mills that were mixed in a box with the router bits.  No milling machine but I've got some cutters for one now  ;D  Hank retired from Ford as a machinist.  You can see the table he built for the sander.  He also modified the fence on the shaper so the depth of cut is adjustable with one screw.  All the original parts are still there to convert it back but it's an improvement he saw fit.  The shaper and table saw are Transpower and have seen the most use but haven't been used a lot.  He brought these up here from the Detroit Area when he retired.  The rest was bought new after he got here.  The dust collector is a Hercules and the rest of the stuff including the feeder are Grizzly.  The dust collector has never been used.  He bought it in preparation for setting up his wood shop in their basement instead of the garage.  He didn't live that long  :(  The band saw, sander, jointer and drill press have seen very little use.  He trimmed out their house and that's about it.  There's still a 15" planer there but her kids want to keep it to plane out the rough sawn lumber in the pole barn.  There's basswood, sugar maple, ash and other misc.  I've got planers but it's a pretty nice one  :) 
  Mortising attachment  ???  I wondered what it was and where it fit  ;D :D  I also got some hand held power tools, a box of various taps, and a Porter Cable 15ga angle finish nailer and a Senco 18ga brad nailer.  I've been eyeing the nailers at the box stores for a while now.  My first project with this equipment is trimming out our house addition.         

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Corley5 on October 06, 2013, 08:09:38 PM
Mortising attachment  ???  I wondered what it was and where it fit  ;D :D  I also got some hand held power tools, a box of various taps, and a Porter Cable 15ga angle finish nailer and a Senco 18ga brad nailer.  I've been eyeing the nailers at the box stores for a while now.  My first project with this equipment is trimming out our house addition.         

;D

Busy Beaver Lumber

Very nice. Talk about getting a well stocked workshop overnight. Well done and you will love the Grizzly stuff.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

ron barnes

That should take you awhile to sort out and get into a good safe work mode.  I have been remodeling and moving on and off for 4 years.  Never seem to get caught up.  Congratulations on the find.

Lud

See where that dust collector  can fit {as far away as you can!} . Get some power to it and see how it works.  4" plastic pipe can get  you some runs and get some gates,   

Distancing from the motor reduces an aggravation to your ears.  Remote starters are great on vacuum systems and compressors  to be able to conveniently start/stop  them while keep the whining in the distance.  Sad to say, my tolerance for whining has faded in recent years........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!