iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thermopex

Started by jerry sundberg, April 13, 2019, 06:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry sundberg

I'm going to replace my lines this Summer and will probably use Thermopex 1" 155' of it. Any of you have any experience with it? Dos and Don'ts.
Farmall  man

LAZERDAN

Great choice. Advise: Have it installed.  Lay it out in the sun and uncoil it. Do it when its warm.   Or it will wrestle you all the way. But it is the best.   Lazerdan

ButchC

150 feet is a lot of money, my run is 175 foot. If you have rocky soil bedding it in sand is cheap insurance against damage. Mine passes under the driveway and we put it through a joint of hard plastic pipe as extra protection,  more cheap insurance against damage.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

thecfarm

I put sand for fill over my lines. My soil is rocky. Sand is cheap,having to do it over is not.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jerry sundberg

I'm going to pull out the old lines they are buried just a foot deep in sandy loam. No rocks or traffic over them. They are in a 8" insulated 10' sections of piping that I bought back in 2000. Now I'm getting water infiltration and loosing a lot of BTU's. With the Thermopex there's no chance of getting water in them.
Farmall  man

barbender

Ray, I thought it was more like your rocks had some soil mixed in with them?😁
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

I know I said it wrong.  ;D  Than about a mile from me,to the left and right is gravel. Lots of gravel pits down the road from me. Most are all dug out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!