iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who has a Baker

Started by Taylortractornut, February 16, 2012, 06:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylortractornut

I have a guy thats wanting out of the mill business and hes got a Baker Im  not sure of the numer but its on a tandem trailer.     It needs some work one  of the loag loader forks is bent,  motor has an  oil leak, and some of the lines are leaking.       The owner says he wants his evenings and weekends back plus he lacked log handling equipment.   Hes getting me a price tomorrow and also a model number.
My overload permit starts after sunset

TreeWinder

Sounds like one of the 36 series.
I have the 18M, very good mill for my purposes.
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

JFarmer

We've had a couple of baker resaws. They are really good people to deal with and I havent had any major problems with the saws either. I have a friend that has a baker sawmill, it is a bigger model and he hasn't had any major issues either. Hope this helps some.
LT40 electric,woodmizer twin blade edger,cooks catclaw sharpener,suffolk setter, john deere 450 dozer, case 90xt skidsteer, 7010 4x4 mahindra tractor

ladylake

There's a lot of good mills made and Baker is surely one of them.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

caver

I also have the HD18. My biggest gripe is the Honda engine seems to have chronic carburetor problems.
Baker HD18

Banjo picker

Taylor the pallett mill here in town is full of Baker machines...you know they got to be ok if Bubba runs them...Are you looking at the mill in Jacento..?  I saw a Baker over there but couldn't stop and check it out.   Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Taylortractornut

Tim I  didnt know  Bubba had any  more mills other than a circle.     If hes  running them they have to be tough with that bunch as many times a theyve killed  folrklift parts there.  Also cheap to run to.     I saw the Baker in Jacinto, I figured thats what it was the one with the tall log deck.    Im looking at one a man near Redbay and  Belmont had set up.      Hes the one that told me I wasnt welcomed to set up the WM I was looking at lol.        Hes selling out as he said that milling was too much work.  He didnt have anything to handle logs with.     Its got alot wrong with it and he wants 2 prices.       I have found a deal on 3 cricle mills a friend bought and never set up  one is complete with a steel carriage and  U9 powerunit.     

One is a medium rig and the other is a small tie mill.       I think i will go this route for the hobby but right now Amys maternity leave has eaten up my toy money lol.   
My overload permit starts after sunset

FeltzE

I've got a Baker edger, works fine and they were easy to deal with.

learydeere

My last mill was a baker 3638D and i would take my woodmizer over that any day.  I was a solid mill but a pain to set up and i think they tried to cover up their lack of design with steel and hp.  Also the one i had was 30' long and you needed a 1 ton to haul it

Thank You Sponsors!