Baker Give-Away!!!

Started by B@kerLuke, December 11, 2017, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B@kerLuke

Baker Roll Call Give-AWay!

Calling all Baker Products users!

We want to see what Baker Machines you're using, and know what products you're producing.  Take a picture of your Baker Products equipment in action and post it here as a reply with an explanation of what your end product is, and on December 22 we will choose a winner.  The winner will receive all that you see in the picture, including: a Baker Products gym bag, Baker blue t-shirt, Baker blue hat, Baker camo hat, Baker coozie, Baker pocket knife, Lenox Folding Jab and Utility Saw, and a LumberWolf 26" wood saw.

Merry Christmas!!!

scsmith42

Well, I'll certainly take advantage of this opportunity!

The photo above shows a 36" southern yellow pine log on "Tom", a Baker 3638D sawmill.

This thread tells the very special and unique story about "Tom" and how he came to reside on my farm.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,70363.msg1055966.html#msg1055966

Our primary business is quartersawing, and we use our Baker Mill extensively in the process.  Logs larger than 36" are cut into quarters using a chain slabbing mill of our own design, and then the quarters are processed on our thin-kerf Baker into boards and planks.

With a milling length of 24', we frequently mill long timberframe timbers with our Baker.  Timbers longer than 24' are processed on a swing blade mill.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

B@kerLuke

Love the story behind Tom's mill and the pics!

Jeff

Those hand saws are awesome.  I have one here that I got from Tom In Mo  years ago and many times I will grb that before I'll grab a chop saw.  I'm real particular about it and it is still in its original cardboard sheath.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

B@kerLuke

Sometimes there's no school like the old school!  Some things just need to be done by hand.

mburrow

mine is a Baker quick sharp
I use it to touch up my bands that are slightly dull.
I do custom sawing, right now I am sawing walnut.
my end product is mostly lumber and beams up to 18'

hopm

Baker EZ mill....modified somewhat.....piddlers dream....used for addition to my house....for my father's house.....brother's house.....lotsa lumber for neighbors ;D

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

B@kerLuke

The winner of this year's Baker Christmas Give-Away is scsmith42!  As soon as we get shipping info, the package will be on it's way.  We loved the backstory of Tom's Mill, and a few of our guys here at Baker remember that whole story and being a part of it!  As a special thanks to hopm and mburrow for participating, we would like to send each of you a hat from Baker Products.  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and will have a blessed New Year in 2018!

scsmith42

Quote from: B@kerLuke on December 26, 2017, 10:52:14 AM
The winner of this year's Baker Christmas Give-Away is scsmith42!  As soon as we get shipping info, the package will be on it's way.  We loved the backstory of Tom's Mill, and a few of our guys here at Baker remember that whole story and being a part of it!  As a special thanks to hopm and mburrow for participating, we would like to send each of you a hat from Baker Products.  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and will have a blessed New Year in 2018!

Yee haw!!!! Thanks Luke and Baker!  I'll look forward to receiving the goodies!

And a big CONGRATULATIONS for your spectacular performance at the 2017 Sawmill Shootout! 

12/20/17.  A box arrived Friday with my prize goodies in it.  i have the say, the saw is really nice and a tool that I not only did not have, but will also get some great service from it. 

Below is photo of all of the prize goodies laid out in my shop.

Thanks Baker!!!!

Scott

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Carson-saws

Congratulations !!!  Glad you are here and helping "change the color" a little bit.  :D Happy for the winner and just wanted to show my true color as well.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

B@kerJB

Quote from: Carson-saws on December 30, 2017, 01:07:50 PM
Congratulations !!!  Glad you are here and helping "change the color" a little bit.  :D Happy for the winner and just wanted to show my true color as well.
https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/42880/IM000963_065.jpg?easyrotate_cache=1477574724

Thank you for showing us your "True Colors" Appreciate all of our loyal customers.