iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what type of tree is this

Started by alsayyed, March 16, 2006, 03:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Please could you identify this tree because we have plenty of them in Qatar, but they grow every where around the houses? Some people call them eucalyptus tree but I doubt it. If these photos not clear enough I will try to take more pics.

Ianab

The leaves look like some of the Australian Acacia trees or wattle as they are known locally.
That might be why it's confused with the eucalyptus, but you are right, thats not eucalypt leaves.
I'll see if I can find out more when I get home and have a read  :P
Or maybe some of the Aussie members will recognise it.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Tom

Alsayyed,

You have done good with the pictures.  Putting them on the Forum Gallery is good for you.  I know it must be difficult with your language barrier.  You learn quickly when you apply yourself.  :)

That tree is going to be difficult to identify since we are in different countries and climates.  I will make an effort to find some examples that will allow you to make some decisions.

It has some Acacia characteristics.  It also has some locusts characteristics.

I am looking at pictures on www.enature.com to get these suggestions.

Lead Tree Leucaena leucocephala
Bahama Lysiloma Lysiloma latisiliquum

I found one site that list a tree in your world called
Acacia Tortilis

I agree with you.  I don't think the tree is a eucalyptus.

I think it is some kind of Acacia

I have been unable to find a tree with a leaf configuration such as your picture depicts.

SwampDonkey

The leaves are locust or acacia like. Do they have large pods like beans when they finish flowering. That indicates a type of legume (beans,peas) that fix nitrogen within root nodules with the aid of bacteria. That would also fit with locust or acacia.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dana

Is there such a tree as Lebanon Cedar? For some reason that seems familiar.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

SwampDonkey

I looked it up Dana and the leaves of Lebanon cedar are needle-like and evergreen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_cedar

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

It's hard to get english language tree id books and internet for that region I think, but there must be conservation folks in Qatar that could id the trees. Get them Id'ed by latin name and not common, because common names can be confusing and contradictory.

Thank You Sponsors!