iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NYS Woodsmen's Field Days

Started by snowgrumer, August 04, 2008, 10:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowgrumer

The 2008 Woodsmen's Field Days will be held on August 15, 16, & 17. I was wondering if anyone from the board is going ?
http://www.starinfo.com/woodsmen/

Sawyerfortyish

I'll be there on saturday the 16th

moosehunter

I will be there Sat. also.
I'll have my FF hat on, I'd like to meet any members present!
moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Chuck White

Sheila and I will be there on Saturday!
We have the Wood-Mizer team bringing us some supplies, ya know, blades, belts, grinding wheels, etc, etc.
We'll probably be wearing Wood-Mizer hats. (not sure though)
We went to Boonville last year and spent almost the whole day there, there's a lot to see.
Even learned a few things about running the Wood-Mizer!

Hope to see some of you guys there.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

arj

I`ll also be there on saturday, be wearing my forestry fourm hat and watch for
everyone.
                                   arj

twobears

i hope to be there on saturday.i,ll have my tom turkey hat on..it,s black with a big tom turkey on the front and turkey tail fathers along the sides..it,s hard to miss.just look for that hat and a big grey haired guy with a big chainsaw scar on his left forearm.it,ll most likey be me.. 8)

delbert

moosehunter

Sounds like you'll be hard to miss twobears :D :D

I'll be spending most of my time at the Baker and Woodmizer Booths trying to work a deal ( or get worked over myself!)
My lovely bride has given me the OK for a new mill 8)

moosehunter

snogrumer,
I just noticed your handle and avatar. ( boy am I observant!) Looks like a Tucker? I run a Bomb. BR 160.
I hope we can meet Saturday, we'll have something to talk about!

neslrite

The Logrite clan will be there.  We have a booth somewhere in the infield.  I will have Brownies for FF members if they come and say hi.

We will be with  Carl Neutzel Services. 

Tammy
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

snowgrumer

Moosehunter ... that's the Tucker 2000 I run for my club. We also have a 160 we use for our trails. I'll be there Saturday too as long as I don't get called into work.

beenthere

Quote from: snowgrumer on August 13, 2008, 06:03:42 PM
Moosehunter ... that's the Tucker 2000 I run for my club. We also have a 160 we use for our trails. I'll be there Saturday too as long as I don't get called into work.

Thinkin ya might get some snow??   8) 8) 8)

That looks like an impressive rig, and the weather looks fantastic.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ADAMINMO

Tom_in_Mo will be there representing Baker. Stop in and Say hey to him. I missed out on going due to my wife is due to pop any day now. Gotta be here for that. Wish I could be there to meet you new guys and the ones that were there last year. Have a great time at the show. Tell Tom Hey for me.

breederman

Our camping plans fell through so looks like we will be there this pm. Red tybee island hat.
Together we got this !

Chuck White

Quote from: neslrite on August 12, 2008, 08:41:47 PM
The Logrite clan will be there.  We have a booth somewhere in the infield.  I will have Brownies for FF members if they come and say hi.

We will be with  Carl Neutzel Services. 

Tammy

Sheila and I looked for Logrite, but didn't find you.

However we did come home with a genuine Logrite cant hook.
We'll "give it a go" tomorrow.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

twobears

i hope nobody spent the day looking for the guy in a turkey hat.i had to stay home and work.i really wanted to drop the tools and head down to boonville but,i couldn,t.
i hope you folks that did go had a great time.

delbert

breederman

We had a great day. We found the log rite booth and he said a couple other members had been by but we didn't see anyone else. Stocked up on saw chains and bar oil while we were there.We watched a little bit of the lumber jill contest, those girls can really run a buck saw!
  While we were leaving Terry and I were discussing what to do about supper as it is a two hour ride home, when we passed a sign for a church supper just outside of the show. With us being HUGE fans of church dinners in we pulled and had a wonderful ham dinner with a piece of to die for pie. Stuffed, and after harassing the help a little we headed for home. :)
Together we got this !

Sawyerfortyish

I was there and found the logrite booth. My son and I both had some brownies. I didn't find a single FF member I think you all were pulling my leg about being there. You just wanted me to walk around in circles looking at hats all day! Next year I think we FF members should plan on meeting at the logrite booth at a certain time instead of looking at hats all day. All in all I left home 5:00 am arrived at Boonvilleat 9:45 stayed until after 5 and drove home. I had a good time and some good food listened to a seminar on dont move firewood because of the EAB and ALB. Had some more good food(salt potatoes mmmm)Watched some of the parade until it rained on the parade. Made a dash for the Baker tent didn't see any hats there or at the woodmizer tent. So we walked around a little more and took in the sights picked up some needed things said good buy to the only FF member I think was really there at the logrite booth and headed home.

moosehunter

I was there and have a pic of the new arch to prove it!

We didn't get a Brownie as Tammy wasn't at the booth when we went back for it. Kevin said he wasn't allowed to give them out :D
I think he was just saving them for the trip home ;)

Met ARJ while talking with Tom in Mo. , we met another member from rhode island although I can't remember his name :-[

On our way to the show we stopped for breakfast and saw the whole Baker sawmill clan along with a celebrity sawyer that was in Sawmill & Woodlot a few months back. He was in the maple syrup shack article.

That Baker Blue Streak is some machine. If I were looking to saw full time it would be at the front of my needs list!

mh

Thank You Sponsors!