7900= 14 pounds 10 oz.
066= 16 pounds 13 oz
MS 361=12 pounds 11 oz.
359= 12 pounds 12 oz.
385 xpg= 16 pounds 10 oz.
9010= 18 pounds 3 oz.
MS200=8 pounds 14 oz.
621 Red Maxx= 12 pounds 10 oz.
all these weights are just the complete powerhead , no oil or gas. All weighed on the same scale

timberjack240

i didnt run them yet ut nothing can ever replace the  original. just kiddin but the 372 was a good saw for trimmin hemlock because you can make them run fast.
in my opinion they shouldnt have stopped makin them just like the 288. but you no wut they say wen they make somethin good they stop.

ehp

I am sure that is their thinking with the 575, once they have to get rid of the 385 they will just put a 54mm piston in that saw, the jug on the 575 is very thick at 51mm bore. At 56mm it would be getting maybe a little thin for heat transfer .

Ron Scott

Our "on the job" Demo 575 "blew up" yesterday, so back to Husky engineering with it.  :-[
~Ron

ehp

I have been running the 575 some laterly and have no problems with this one yet, this saw is not stock so maybe that may make things different I donot know forsure, I know if I could change one thing on the 575 is for Husky to lower the transfor port numbers , to me they are pretty high to start with

lucky_cutter

I was considering a new saw (575), but now I am thinking, "Get the 372 before they are all gone."  I'm riding the fence and chewing my nails for now.

jokers

Quote from: Ron Scott on February 02, 2005, 03:57:50 PM
Our "on the job" Demo 575 "blew up" yesterday, so back to Husky engineering with it.  :-[

Hi Ron,

I wouldn`t be surprised to hear that the 575 lean siezed. Adjusting the carb on a rev limited saw is a different ball game than you would find on a saw without a limiter. It`s too easy to lean the carb out to where the rpms exceed the limit and suddenly the saw sounds like it`s four stroking out of the cut, just the way you would want it. Unfortunately, knowing what side of the limiter the four stroking is occuring on is vitally important for performance and longevity.

I`m not blown away with the 575 but to write it off so soon is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I think that it`s a good representative sample of what is in store from all the major manufacturers.

Russ

D._Frederick

Lucky-,

I too have been wondering about latching onto a 372 while they are still available or waiting to get a 575 after the bugs are worked out. I talked to a local chain saw rep. and he said that the problem with getting a 372 is parts.  He figured that Husqvana would drop parts for the 372 as fast as the law allows.

Anybody got any thoughts on this!

Bushwhacker

D.

Them's powerful words he said. Is there a law about when they can discontinue parts or was he "just coining a phrase" ?
KLH

D._Frederick

Being that the 372 is build off-shore, I don't know if US laws would apply. I have heard the figure 7years for US companies that they must have parts available, but I wouldn't bet on the accuracy.

ehp

I am sure you will find they have to build parts for 10 years after they finish the run of 372's, the dealers up here in Canada were told that they will not see a 575 until the end of this year so they must still be making 372's and how about the rest of the world , I donot think there will be any parts problems for a while

jokers

I`d have to agree with Ed. The 372 is such a popular saw that I`m sure it will be supported for quite awhile. Why wouldn`t Husky continue to make parts that it can sell?

Russ

ehp

I guess i should of said , I am pretty sure it is law here in Canada that if they sell it here they have to make parts for 10 years before stopping but in Husky's case most times they make them longer than 10 years if there is a big amount of people wanting them plus just give the aftermarket guys a couple more years they will be making anything you need for a 372

timberjack240

joker
you said about why woodnt husky make oarts that they can sell.... why wood they stop makin the whole saw to begin with is the question that shood be asked to the husky dealer in my opiniion. just like the 288 i like them better than the 385. the 385 doesnt impress me at all. i run one (of many) of my paps 288s and il like that saw better than the 385. he also has a 372. the saw is ok but i prefer my 288 over that to. i didnt try the 575 yet but from what i read im not to impresesed with anything on that saw

ehp

The 372 will not pass the emission laws set for the year of 2005 by the USA. That is why it was cut, you will find that in the next couple years that pretty much all saws will be different to pass this.

Cuz

I've been listening and considerin' and I just ordered a 372!  How do sentiments run about the full handle vs. the half?
Love the smell of sawdust in the morning...and lurking on this site!

spacemule

That depends on your needs and preferences.  If you're cutting on steep slopes, the full wrap will give you more liberty in positioning.  I've never liked the full wrap though--they're awkward and in the way to my thinking.  They make the saw unlevel when you lay it on it's side to refuel, and they're in the way of taking the bar cover off. 

sawguy21

The west coast  fallers liked the full wrap in the big stuff so they did not stand below the tree making a second face cut. Otherwise it is a pain in the butt as spacemule noted
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lucky_cutter

Looks like I am getting a 373 when the tax returns come back.. "Please no audit Please no audit please no audit". I do not know how much longer my 272 is going to hold out, and I do not want to  end up getting a 20# saw just to get 5.5 horses. That emissions crap is only going to get worse. By the way, if anyone else is buying up the rest of the 372s, please leave one for me.

rebocardo

I have been wanting a 3120 for milling. Seeing how the newer saws are doing and how they are going to discontinue the older saws, I think I might have to go buy one soon before they disappear.

Thank You Sponsors!