iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We Got Snow!

Started by Mark M, October 17, 2004, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

I woke up this morning to an inch of fresh snow! I normally like snow but this made me nervous since we still don't have any heat in the house due to my boiler installation. I guess this was my wake-up call and that I had better get the DanG'd heat running. This morning it was only 53F in the kitchen!

I did test fire the gas boiler today at it runs so that is a good sign. Now we need to go upstairs and put up 2 sheets of sheetrock so we can hook up the radiator.

beenthere

What, no pictures?  (of the new unit, not the snow  :)  )

But if you want to hold off, guess we could wait.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

I want to see some pictures of the snow.  I hear it looks like sand from a distance. :D

EZ

When we started sawing yesterday morning it started to rain then it started to poor. We went down to the nearest coffee shop and waited for it to stop. After about an hour the sun came out and the sky was blue. Went back and started to saw, a dark cloud came over and it started to hail. :o That quit and then the freezing rain came and then it started to snow. Then the sun came out for awhile and I took my coat off. Then the wind started to blow and the temp drop down to 28 degrees. ::)
But all and all we had a good day of sawing. :D
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

EZ, that bandwheel stay tight ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

EZ

Yes it did, FD, thanks for asking. We sawed some red pine today, smoke right threw it. ;D
EZ

CHARLIE

Mark M, my sympathies. It's too early for snow. Winter is long enough as it is.

I left my house to attend my Woodturning Club meeting (now it's a 3 hour drive since I moved to New Richmond :o)  at 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning and headed east on I-94. I encountered a lot of rain and wind and the rain had ice in it.>:(  But it was warm and dry in my truck. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Fla._Deadheader

I just don't unnerstann how a Florida boy can stay in all that cold and snow ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

CHARLIE

I don't unnerstan it none either.  Sometimes when the gauge reads -36° I even wunner it out loud to muhsef.  Now mind ya, I hear Tom fixed it so I can't move back to Florida. He tolt me they got some kind of "Brother" law down there that says only one brother at a time can occupy a space in Florida. At least that's whut he's been atellin' me fur about 20 years.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

L. Wakefield

QuoteI want to see some pictures of the snow.  I hear it looks like sand from a distance. :D

U R right about that- in reverse.. I spent 2 weeks with the Red Cross in Alabama 9/18-10/2. When we went down to Gulf Shores, the sand they had piled up off the roadway looked ABSOLUTELY like our snowbankings look in winter when there has been a heavy snow. I'd always heard of storm surge but this was clearly 'sand surge' as well. I will say, better that it moves sand than buildings. An article in the Mobile paper said the buildings doing the best were located where there was a distance from the buildings to the water, a good size dune, and prefereably an open bottom floor.

God bless em, they were putting the sand back on the beach. It is a huge operation.  lw (sorry for the OT response..)
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Corley5

We got snow last night to the tune of about 3".  Just North of Gaylord there was close to 6".  It's all pretty much gone now except the piles where it slid off the roof.  Oh well just a sign of things to come ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

etat

Snow?  This time of the year? ???

You have GOT to be kidding!  I'm freezing just a thinking about it!  Kinda makes suffering through the hot summer time earlier this year not sound so bad.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

OneWithWood

Mark, please, please, puhleeeaase, keep that snow up there :o

I need at least three weeks to get ready.  Waitin on a few parts to finish the greenhouse before we can fire up the boiler.

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Timber_Framer

We've had three days of snow so far, but the ground's not frozen yet so it's just cold rain ;)
The grouse hunting just got good now that all those DanG'ed leaves are gone ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Thank You Sponsors!