iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Roof Over My Saw

Started by Kevin_H., November 28, 2003, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

FL D,

Looks like yous gonna have ta go wireless.  8)  8)  8)

Paul_H,

I remember that day it was one of the first days of the mill, but the novelty has worn off since for them  but not fer me  :)  :)

Those warm days are gone for the next 5 or 6 months and the mill is all but shut down fer the season  :(

But I still can read the sawwin stories here and maybe take a vacate in February and go see the farther-in-law in Palm Beach Gardens so as I might get on over ta FL D's and see his set-up.

I'll keep a coffee can of sawdust near my recliner this winter, just so as I could reach down and run it through my fingers once in awhile.  ;D

termite
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Paul_H

Our mill is snowed in right now too.It is just over 2 miles off of the plowed road.I still need to get in and winterize it,take the engine off and store it at home here.I want to eventually move the mill to our property,but expect some flack from property owners in the Industrial Park in town.If the mill was here,it would extend the season.

I have a open shop over at the bunkhouse where I'm going to build some 1 1/2 " x 6" t&g garden sheds after New Years.Just have to build a few jigs to notch out the ends to fit together at the corners.

Things slow down around here in the winter and I need to keep busy until logging and construction fire up again in the Spring.It's that or go crazy  

I'm trying to keep busy ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

Termite, stay in touch. Be glad to show ya around. Probably won't be divin by then, but, ya never know. Might get a warm current flowing. ::) :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

Well it looks like it is going to start snowing here tuesday nite into wed.
It's going to be so nice to not have to knock the ice off the rails be sawing.

still gotta put up the lights, maybe Wed.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Kevin_H.

Well here we are, Almost 3 years later and I finally got the lights put up in the saw shed, now if I could just get around to reading that book on procrastination...maybe tomorrow.

I had a couple of flood lights up but they just didn't do the job, we hung up a 100' strand of construction lights, this put a 100w bulb about every 10 feet or so. Really lights the place up.

this pic shows the lights pretty good but the digital camera tones them down.

this shows a pic from the end, again the lights are much brighter than what is showing up.

We added another 15ft on to the shed since the first pic, I will try to get a pic in the daylight showing the addition, but it could take another 3 years  :)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

dewwood

Good pics and looks like it is working out well.  It has stood test of time and still looks to be standing strong.  Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were waiting to post the pics until the time test was done.  The addition looks like it fit well also.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Thank You Sponsors!