iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 With Video.

Started by losttheplot, September 04, 2011, 01:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

losttheplot

A good friend of mine made a video of me running my little band mill.
It may be a bit basic for more experienced sawyers.......

Enjoy  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4AfqWNxo0M

Video link fixed by Admin
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK !

D Hagens

Great vid, good to see a saw being used by the customer and not a factory vid :)
I see you live on Mudge, I have a cabin over on Mayne :)
You should post some pics and info about your island as I'm sure many here would be interested :)

Coon

Thanks for the video.  I couldn't help but watch it look for the differences between your mill and mine.   ;D  Mine Has a few slight differences in that it is a super lumbermate 2000 with the roller toe board/log turner package and I have the 15 hp kohler w/ electric start...  Looking good though.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

houtwurm

homemade bandmill
stihl ms 441
case 5130 with alo quicke q690 us loader
homemade sawbench

schakey

Thanks losttheplot really enjoy watching different mills and swayers in action smiley_thumbsup
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Knute

SPIKER

one very fine video!   I liked the narration as to what/why you were doing to get down to the cant.   shows who much work is involved in the manual mill  I would still love to have one but I hardly have time to surf the forum now lol..

if found by a new mill owner it is probably better than the factory videos as to actually HOW to make great choice on how to actually cut for volume & quality of wood.

mark m
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

dmartin

Very good job on the video, I too enjoyed it.

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!