iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Read and you will succeed.....

Started by OlJarhead, February 22, 2016, 02:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

A long time ago I had a military instructor that used to say "read and you will succeed" all the time..

Today I thought I would share that as I read more here on FF.  It's just a great place to learn and I often point people here (like the new owners of the SM-LT10).

Thanks for the great service and all the awesome input!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

WV Sawmiller

Good point.   

BTW - You know with all the recent changes in your sawing life you need to update your profile again.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Cedarman

I think the opposite of that is true also.  Don't read and you won't succeed.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Seavee

Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Magicman

Check the For Sale board below.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OlJarhead

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 22, 2016, 02:34:22 PM
   Good point.   

BTW - You know with all the recent changes in your sawing life you need to update your profile again.

I was planning to do that after I had the LT40HD in hand so to speak :)

OlJarhead

Quote from: Magicman on February 22, 2016, 08:23:03 PM
Check the For Sale board below.   ;D

Gone!   Was sad to see it go but happy to turn the page and get making sawdust on a whole new level :)

Seavee

Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Deese

OlJarhead, I agree with you about reading. I go through "spurts" where I will read books like crazy for a while, then I will stop for some reason. Then I will get interested again....I don't know why but that's how it's always been for me.

I am a big advocate of writing too. I have kept a journal for the past 14 years and I try to write in it every day. It's very interesting to go back and read what you were thinking years ago.

I also keep a special journal just for my son. I write directly to him as if it is just one long letter. I record the date and time of day with each entry. If I don't have anything else to leave him, at least he will have the journal his Daddy wrote him.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

GAB

When you started school they wanted you to learn to read so that you read to learn.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

OlJarhead

Quote from: Seavee on February 23, 2016, 09:08:39 AM
That was a quick sale.

Yes it was!  I might have been asking too little but I don't think so. 

drobertson

And I always thought is was "Grab, pull and twist"   ;D   As to your new mill, you are as good as up and running,, real happy for you,, I knew you would do it sooner or later,,you know the drill now, so it's all but cleaning the plate one day at a time,,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

OlJarhead

It's killing me (the waiting)....being at work (for my regular job) is hard right now as I'd much rather be picking up my mill!  And then, of course, is the waiting to get it back to the property and start milling!

Meanwhile I'll keep reading here as I always learn something!

Thank You Sponsors!