iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally Getting the Mill Set Up Stationary. (Updated)

Started by YoungStump, January 19, 2015, 05:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungStump

I was hoping to be setup in the new shed before winter but like usual it always drags out way longer than it should. :-\ Got most of the equipment in place now and the electricians were there today and started working on getting power out there.
Being this close really gives me the itch, hopefully it won't be long. :)

Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

so il logger

JB Griffin

2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Peter Drouin

Well,spend some money.  :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I like the setup. Is that a 70 and a diesel mill and edger ?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YoungStump

Thanks.
Yes they're diesels the mills got the 55 hp yanmar, the edger has a 34 hp Perkins. Wish now they were 3 phase but we didn't have a permanent location yet when we got the mill and edger.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

WoodenHead

Very nice setup!   :)  Looks like you'll be set for production.

tmarch

OMG and your gonna cover all that purty stuff with sawdust.  GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

reswire

Young man, strong back, you'll do just fine.  He He :D :D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

LaneC

That is 1 fine shed. I know of about 100,000 carpenter bees who would love that wood. yum, yum! :) I am glad yall do not have them up there.(I hope yall do not have them anyway) Again, that is 1 fine shed.
Man makes plans and God smiles

chance33

Yea, Lane we do have 'em. I had an old 2 story dairy barn that I took down several years ago. I'll bet there were a thousand of them drilling away. It's took me 3 years to get the population down to just a few. Sprayed everything with kerosene and put-out 2 dz. pop bottle traps.
Mahindra 4025 4wd, FEL, Farm351P, Turner portable mill w/ 25 hp Honda, Wood Beaver 16 Processor.

YellowHammer

Very nice, lots of good equipment.  I wish I had that new log deck of yours.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

mikeb1079

wow, that's a really nice setup. remind me stump what your business is?  you guys cut grade hardwoods for retail? off your property?
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

YoungStump

As far as I know we never had issues whit carpenter bees in any of out other buildings.
Mikeb I saw mostly low grade logs for our family owned pallet shop, I do take some grade off of the nicer logs, when I accumulate enough of a species, but mostly cut pallet cants.

mad murdock

That is a purdy slab o stone you laid down under that rather spacious roof!! Nice setup. You will be ready for anything. You planning on storage under the same roof, or will there be more storage sheds for milled lumber?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

YoungStump

We sell our grade green, wholesale market, so we just keep it under roof til we ship it. Pallet cants get stored outside til they're used.

We have a gangsaw that dad bought at an auction, we might set it up in there to produce finished cutstock. Our other two gangsaws that run full time have a hard time keeping up with the pallet nailers.

Foxtrapper

2014 WoodMizer LT28

YoungStump

Well I've got it set up and running and think I got most of the bugs worked out, so far I've just sawed a day or so here and there. Hopefully start sawing pretty much full time next week.

Snapped a few pics yesterday, starting to do some ties. One of my friends was working on getting a corner framed in and enclosed where I plan to do my sharpening and setting.

Still kind of a mess in there but it feels good to be sawing again, got lots of catching up to do.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

stavebuyer

Good looking setup. You may want to think about sawdust handling on the edger; it adds up pretty quickly. What is the roller with the green frame at the end of the mill by the edger? Looks like WM factory but don't recognize it?

YoungStump

I've been trying to come up with something for catching the sawdust from the edger but haven't done anything yet. How do you have yours set up?

We have the Woodmizer belt conveyor running the lumber out onto the Greenchain, is this what your referring to?

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

Holy smoke, you are not playing around!  Are you debarking the logs? 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

YoungStump

Yes, we have a Morbark debarker that debarks all the logs for our scragg mill, so we also use it for the logs that get sawed on the LT70.

Thank You Sponsors!